Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Was ordering a 2011 Q7 a mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arkbbq
Almost 5 years and 70K on an early 2007 Q4.2 - grrrreat driving vehicle, and bulletproof. Just today got word that my 2011 333hp S-line is at the port. And I'm already planning to order a 2013 "new Q".

-ark
Hi Ark

is your new Q7 S-line coming with the 21" summer wheel package? If so, can you let me know and show me pictures when you get it? I received my S-line in December and they screwed me over by shipping mine without the wheel package. Claimed that the manufacturer of the wheels went out of business and that there were no more available. They tried to substitute the 20" basic wheels with all season tires.

Anyway, would really appreciate you letting me know.

shepdaddy
Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Shepdaddy;24124686]Hi Ark

is your new Q7 S-line coming with the 21" summer wheel package? If so, can you let me know and show me pictures when you get it? I received my S-line in December and they screwed me over by shipping mine without the wheel package. Claimed that the manufacturer of the wheels went out of business and that there were no more available. They tried to substitute the 20" basic wheels with all season tires.

Anyway, would really appreciate you letting me know.

shepdaddy[/QUOTE

I didn't spec 21's - for me, handling/comfort/looks sweet spot is 20" wheels/tires with air suspension. I like the look of the TFSI S-line 20" 5-spoke wheels.

Sorry to hear of your problem. I haven't seen my Q yet, so don't know if there are any surprises.

-ark
Old 04-01-2011, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hi nhs156,

Whether choosing between a Q7 or X5, in my opinion, either one can be a good choice but will depend on your preferences. Consider how you will be using the vehicle. Most likely you have done so already but if not take both for an extensive test drive. The dealer may also provide the option for an overnight test.

I have a MY08 Q7 4.2 petrol. It is been a reliable vehicle except for some minor issues with pano roof and weird events with the MMI and lift gate. None of which would've prevented me from buying another. It has been a great vehicle to move a family of 4 plus 2 dogs. To me it really shines when using it for long trips. It really is amazing for such a big vehicle it drives like a sedan. There are a lot of strong points including the styling, interior design, powertrain and cargo space. Could there be improvements, yes, but this can be said about any vehicle.

While I have praised the Q7, I will be ordering an X5 next month. The switch to the X5 has more to do with my wife not wanting an SUV and now this will be my primary vehicle. I prefer to trade comfort for sport. While the 333 HP engine with Adaptive Air is a good combination it doesn’t compare to an X5 with 3.5i and Adaptive Drive (for reference the Sport Pkg doesn’t alter the suspension setup). Plus if you need more power there’s always the 5.0i or (absurd) X5M. The rough ride is mainly attributed to the standard run flats.

Both vehicles can get expensive as options are added. While I did like being the rare Q7 on the road I have seen more in the last year. I think the issue is more with supply of the Q7 vs. the X5. Look at a dealer’s inventory and there might be 2-3 available vs. 10-12 (respectively).
Good luck with your choice. Again both are great vehicles.

Regards,
NHman