Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Pano Sunroof rear screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pano Sunroof rear screen

Hi,
The sunshade on the rear section of the pano sunroof constantly comes un-hooked and open on my 2014 Q. It is getting to be summer and with the sunshade open it'll contribute to heating up the interior.
Anyone else having this issue?
Anyone know of a fix other then pointing it out to the dealer and perhaps having it changed under warranty?
Old 04-29-2016, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

It's most likely the latch on the roller. There is a replacement from Audi, but if you have warranty see if they will cover the fix.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

We have a 13 that has the same issue, we have had it to dealer 4 times in the 30 days...they keep replacing parts but it keeps just coming loose...
Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

it could be worse and your automatic pano roof sunshade may not be closing right. it's happening with my Q right now..

On that note, my rear sunshade doesn't want to close as well. Seems like a common problem
Old 05-04-2016, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had this issue my first couple of months with the '15 and it drove me nuts. I'd hit a bump in the road and WHAAAP it would fly open. One day I hauled myself up in the back and closed it, but spent time hooking the plastic bit firmly into the area it latches to ensure it was seated good. It hasn't opened since (about 9 months).

I tried a bajillion times beforehand doing what a normal passenger would do from the back seats... just sliding it closed. For some reason it just wouldn't "wedge" in correct I guess doing it that way?
Old 05-05-2016, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BuckarooBanzai
I had this issue my first couple of months with the '15 and it drove me nuts. I'd hit a bump in the road and WHAAAP it would fly open. One day I hauled myself up in the back and closed it, but spent time hooking the plastic bit firmly into the area it latches to ensure it was seated good. It hasn't opened since (about 9 months).

I tried a bajillion times beforehand doing what a normal passenger would do from the back seats... just sliding it closed. For some reason it just wouldn't "wedge" in correct I guess doing it that way?
Do you have any tips regarding how you got it to finally stay closed? I have tried countless times to carefully secure it, even giving it a tug to make sure it stays closed, to no avail.
Thank you!
Old 05-06-2016, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Your latch is probably bent/broken if it will not stay closed at all. See if your dealer will replace it under warranty.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had the Q in for the 25k service and they said the latch was "worn out" and it was replaced under warranty. Let's see if it holds! Will keep this posted here with any updates.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

why they had to make it with a latch is beyond me...it would be bulletproof if it was a self side sunroof shade
Old 05-11-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
why they had to make it with a latch is beyond me...it would be bulletproof if it was a self side sunroof shade
Self slide is a great idea but with the large size of the front pano glass there probably is not enough room left to implement it...hence the need for a spring roller taking up the excess as it is opened.

Grey

Quick Reply: Pano Sunroof rear screen