Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Potential delays to UK cars.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential delays to UK cars.....

Speaking to the dealer today regarding my S line TDI, and any potential hold up. He told me my cars in Production Area 5, out of a 8, which means my car should be finished by the end of this week. Woohoo. He told delivery should be 2 weeks. I dont care how long delivery is, since I am in South Africa until the 23rd July. Hopefully, my car will be waiting for me when I return.

He was telling me there is a delay for S line cars with the Panoramic sunroof. Audi is having problems sourcing a black sunroof blind. Since the S line comes with the black headlining, they are expecting delivery of the black blinds in August, with deliver of cars at the end of Sept/ Oct. However, they are offering the customers the choice of getting their cars with the grey blinds or waiting for the black! How pathetic is that. You order a 45k car and they cant get the colours to match.

Anyway here's counting down the days.

PS Anyone got a Lava grey Sline i can drool over, please post some pics. Cheers.

PS Hey peegee, glad to hear you got sorted. What options did u go for? Whats ur spec? Keep well.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Potential delays Why UK....that makes no sense.

The headlining is not LHD RHD. Surely its the same all over the world!
My mate is getting his with Full Sky and I am not ,yet we are told they will arrive together.
I also heard there is less headroom in the third row with the Sunroof. It is low enough already. This will be my first car ever without sunroof. Didnt want black interior either originally. Hope it wont get too hot when parked in sunshine.

By the way did you think of collecting it on your way home in Ingolstadt
Old 06-15-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Potential delays to UK cars.....

I certainly hope there's no delay. Ive ordered S-line w/sunroof. Mine is supposed to go into prod this week (wk24), and I dont expect to be kept waiting until Sep/Oct for it.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Potential delays to UK cars.....

Have just seen a photo of the grey instead of the black. Its not the whole headlining, its just the shades part. I dont think it looks that bad actually - well, in the photo anyway, although I'd definately prefer the black. I dont intend delaying my order by months tho just for that. And I suspect in the long run there will actually be quite a few Q7s around with the grey shades as other people, (and the dealers) decide not to postpone either.
I just hope they'll offer to retrofit with black later if it doesnt look as good in the flesh.