Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 CPO - is it really a CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 CPO - is it really a CPO?

I'm looking to get a CPO 2007 4.2 Q7, but am running over some hurdles with the CPO process.

I've seen a couple dealers in the Chicago area listing vehicles as Audi Certified, even though they've already been certified once before. I called Audi to ask if multiple previous owners would prevent a vehicle from being certified as I noticed 2 owners on the CarFax. They said that was not a problem, but because it was already certified once, it cannot be certified again / warranty cannot be transferred to me.

So does anyone have such CPO experience? Did you buy a "CPO" that was already sold as a CPO before?

On the other hand, do I really want a car that's had 2 owners in 3 years? Seems like those would be the lemons.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I understood the CPO is carried with the car for the time/mileage period no matter how many owners there are. Maybe I am learing something today...
Old 03-28-2010, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chickdr
I understood the CPO is carried with the car for the time/mileage period no matter how many owners there are. Maybe I am learing something today...
oddly that is not the case .. when i purchased my CPO for the car .. the dealer indicated it is not transferable ..

hey Gomer .. there are so many Q7 for sale/off lease .. look beyond your State .. just check cars.com or autotrader .. good luck on you search ..
Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kaptom540
oddly that is not the case .. when i purchased my CPO for the car .. the dealer indicated it is not transferable ..

hey Gomer .. there are so many Q7 for sale/off lease .. look beyond your State .. just check cars.com or autotrader .. good luck on you search ..
This is a major negative for Audi in my book. What difference should it make how many owners the car has? That doesn't help with resales either.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi CPO is not transferable to a new owner.
To get a CPO status again, the vehicle needs to be inspected and certified at dealer again.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by oaktreelimb
Audi CPO is not transferable to a new owner.
To get a CPO status again, the vehicle needs to be inspected and certified at dealer again.
That was my initial question. I'm looking to purchase a Q7 from an Audi dealer. It's a CPO they say. Audi tell me that because it was already sold as a CPO once before, it cannot be re-certified.

I'll give Audi corporate another call and see if I get the same answer.

Yes, about the fleet sales. It is that 3 year lease is up time for the 2007 models. That's why I'm looking to get one. I'm already looking out of state. In WI, there are not many available, but in the Chicago area, there are plenty more. I'm not willing to travel any further than a few hours by car.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I called Audi again, and after telling them the story and VIN numbers, apparently an Audi dealer can recertify a vehicle if it meets Audi's "CPO parameters."

I'm just surprised that I got two difference answers from Audi's CSRs.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GomerPyle
So I called Audi again, and after telling them the story and VIN numbers, apparently an Audi dealer can recertify a vehicle if it meets Audi's "CPO parameters."

I'm just surprised that I got two difference answers from Audi's CSRs.
im not!!