Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 MMI Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 MMI Problems

Just bought myself a Q7 -09 with MMI High. Bought it on Friday and this morning when I started thr car the mmi started fine then all of a sudden all lights turn red and the mmi shuts down. I try to start again and it boots up fine, but when I try to change anything every button turns red again and it either reboots or shuts down. Gonna call the dealership on monday but anyone has an idea what this could be?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekman
Just bought myself a Q7 -09 with MMI High. Bought it on Friday and this morning when I started thr car the mmi started fine then all of a sudden all lights turn red and the mmi shuts down. I try to start again and it boots up fine, but when I try to change anything every button turns red again and it either reboots or shuts down. Gonna call the dealership on monday but anyone has an idea what this could be?
Sounds like the MMI button panel has a stuck button or something spilled on the button panel. Check all the buttons and if one is feels sticky or slow to depress and return back, that's your issue.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Sounds like the MMI button panel has a stuck button or something spilled on the button panel. Check all the buttons and if one is feels sticky or slow to depress and return back, that's your issue.
Thank you so much! Problem solved! Dunno what to do with the sticky button tho.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ekman
Thank you so much! Problem solved! Dunno what to do with the sticky button tho.
A simple solution in some cases is to get a clean rag and spray some window cleaner on it to dampen the rag. They wipe and moisten the sticky button to loosen it up. Don't get it fully wet to where is saturated, as you don't want any liquid cleaner to actually go down into the MMI panel and onto the board. You just want to dampen to button with enough water based cleaner to loosen up whatever liquid or dust that may be trapped in the sides. Get a can of dust off or compressed air and blow out the panel buttons also if needed.