Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 OTHER NAME (TOY CAR FOR THIEVES)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Okay - you and your wife are out in your new Q7 with the retina scanners. You just had a wonder

all gadgets can be swished off when they scan the car they catch everything i mean as i researched the software is for free in the market, as for if they force to let them in, its already too much trouble witch they have no time for they would go and steal something else, and its a different kind of crime and process that they would avoid, usually if its difficult they leave it alone..i have been to the police station and sat down 7 times with them studying the behavior of high end cars thieves..these are criminals with money to have the necessary gadgets, and they fear for them selves for they have something to loose and they lead a rich kind of life, they usually also provide papers for the stolen car and change some numbers in the w i n
and sell it about the same price.....so these wont bother to do a hard job...as for common thieves, well they cant steal the car cause their not equipped, so each car brand and class have its special type of thieves...on top of all that there are multiple scenarios how you can use the security within the car, but the best head start is that it cant start without the real owner being inside behind the wheel, if you live in the states yeah maybe things could happen as you described, but in Europe its a far fetched scenario, bottom line yes there are situations where nobody can do nothing about, but man to hack the code and then simply driving away unsuspected...its like it was a gift, and form the research and police reports and statistics...something should have been done...myself as a normal person i have not been through such an experience, having the immobilizer and the alarm was a great thing i thought that it would be very hard to steal car...but then the 20 seconds happened, and when i saw the history of theft for such systems and the flows they have , and in parallel the other existing technologies, it really hit me, thats why i do accept the fact that thieves might do everything, but on the other hand my car manufacturer should also do everything in its capacity to provide best solutions..which are even cheaper then the immobilizer thing. its the right thing to do and to have .

than x and sorry about the A4 i surly know how it feels
Old 01-06-2007, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default If you were a Q7 thief...this is the place isnt it.

Get all the info first. Select your colour see the photos find out what is where globally.

A friend of mine, into antiques was on holiday in France years ago and when browsing in an antique shop he saw his own diningroom and all furniture in photos in a catalogue priced for sale to order. Can you imagine that. Sort of spoil your day.

I am sure some of our pics are in the wrong place by now!!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Dont get involved with thieves...

Fit a Cat 5 tracker and get it back.
Actually the cops get it back usually about half an hour.
it makes your insurance cheaper too.

Those systems are not powered by the car and trigger once the car makes an "Unauthorised movement"
Old 01-06-2007, 07:05 PM

Default haha - no way! so if i were to order that dining room set, your friend would get targeted???

i think everyone should remove pics of their significant others!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:08 PM

what is this cat 5 tracker you speak of? got link?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:38 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default it's worth noting that Audi uses fingerprint recognition in Europe

though i think that's only on the A8.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Did you read about this UNLUCKY guy in Malaysia !!!!!

Some time ago I read an article from Malaysia, where some thieves stole a luxury car, but they needed the fingerprint from the owner to start the car ..... to start with, they drove around with the owner in the trunk, but decided it was much easier to cut off his finger instead.

I would not want a car that needs any body parts to start up.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Why not send the thieves to jail and stop letting them off? Most locks just keep honest people hones

If they want your car they will take it - gun point, tow it, etc. There must be a fear of getting caught.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yep, he got Interpol on the job. Traced it back to a supplier he bought off!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It is Cell/Sat with remote self activation

its not watching/tracking you daily. So basically it just arms but doesnt trip unless there is "Unauthorised movement" of vehicle.

There is a tiny Fob that triggers about twenty feet from car. Just do not attach/store with keys. Nothing to forget to switch on or off.
No surface evidence that system is there. (you can hide/display LED system verify as you want)Self powered charges from car. Fully roaming not affiliated to any network. Works anywhere the car goes so putting it in a box and exporting - take it out of box it just reports where it is again, cool. (though most cells work in a container too)

If they pull it out of car it is still reporting storing until cut up.
If they say give me your fob and keys then you report by phone and they activate from HQ anyway.

Under test car only has to move about 50 feet to trigger. Text comes to phone and call comes in after two mins "your car has made an unauthorised movement and is being tracked".

If stolen after they notify you, you just tell cops get crime ref, call them back (so they know its genuine) they do the rest including security where car is recovered (usually Hotel/Mall car park) until you, Police or Audi roadside collect.
They tell me 100% so far quickest being 10 mins.
Oh yes it has nine second hold button on fob to deactivate for ferry crossing.

Can get with tilt trigger too but not needed. Also if sat antenna found and cut triggers cell to report with last sat pos. Cell carries on reporting too in alarm mode. Cell can be tracked too you know!

I looked into other cheaper systems but say you are out and car dissapears while you eat or cinema then they could get big get head start and you have to get to pc to self track or report to tracking company.<ul><li><a href="http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk/default.asp?docId=12411&amp;rnd=21049290786773488" >Cobra Cat 5</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: Q7 OTHER NAME (TOY CAR FOR THIEVES)