Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Pet Peeve List

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Pet Peeve List

What is your pet peeve about the Q7

Mine .. Why and how does dirt get trapped in the rear door(s) .. I just don't get it .. if you haven't checked please do and let me know if you doors are dirty ..

Here is a picture for reference .. dirt gets trapped by the edge of the doors ..

Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same problem with mine
Old 03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

i have it too- the rear edge is butts right up to the front edge of the rear wheel well. guess how thick the dirt gets when driving down a wet dirt road in spring.....
Old 03-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My pet peeve is the space between the driver seat and the center console. Stuff falls down there and under the seat rail never to be seen again!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've only had my 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium Plus for 3 weeks, and the first one has to be the reflection of the metal trim in the driver side mirror.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My pet peeve is how rear passage doors open positions are set. The first stop is almost too tight to get a child in and out and the second (fully open) takes out every car next to you with the "dagger like" edge of the door.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

no power tilt/telescoping steering wheel.

My S4 has the same- are they swithcing all models to the manual adjust under the wheel?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

keep it coming .. interesting responses .. can relate to all of them .. btw, IASS my Q7 does have power tilt/telescoping steering wheel ..
Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

2010 TDI, exactly the same. Came back from a Tahoe trip, and both rear doors are completely covered in dirt.

The metal trim reflection from the side vent on the driver door.

The radio constantly coming on. After muting, then it comes back. Only way I can make it go away, turn off MMI, changed to media source and select Jukebox or something without any media to play.

The little weather strip at the bottom of the door sill, I knick it everytime I get out of the car, it's nothing, just annoyed.

The fact that the rear hatch can't be closed via the open button on the driver door, or through the remote, yes, I know that somebody make one, my Odyssey had it, and it's very convinient.

The scrolling of the alphabets for GPS entry (I'm used to touchscreen on my Hondas, although the new Hondas are going with the scroll function as well, go figure).

The fact that the sun visor when turned on driver side does not extend to cover corner of window, once in a blue moon, the sun will be exactly at the right spot to be noticeable at the corner of my left eye, but visor won't be able to block.

The door lock buttons in the rear door for little children to kick while you're outside the car as many had mentioned here, good for me that I have smart key and carry with me all the time.

The rear headrest cannot be folded down (at least toward the rear) and still be able to seat passengers. ie... slide down like Mercedes or BMW when not in use. Seems to block rear visibility with it up all the time. I have 2 small children, and the headrest does not come into use for quite a while.

The cupholder being in so close proximity to all the MMI controls, noticed my kids kicking water bottles in there a few times when care is stationary and kids moving about.

I can only have heated side mirrors in the up (center) position. What if I like to tilt my side mirrors during reverse to check out the curb, then I have to move the **** back into center position for heated mirrors. Again, on my Hondas (since I currently have Acura and Audi, only comparsion I'm using), there's a separate button to heat the mirrors no matter what position the **** is at.

That's all I can think of. ALL VERY MINOR, just things I noticed. Not remotely enough to over compensate for the joy of ownership, the craftsmanship, the TORQUE, the interior. I do casual carpooling in NorCal, when I drive my Acura, everybody gets in and listen to the radio, no talking. When I drive the Q7. All the passengers keep asking questions, what's this, how's this, wow here, wow there. Nobody knows why they haven't seen one before, etc...

I still can't seem to come to a smooth stop. always a abrupt sudden stop at the very end. Good brakes or I'm just not used to the braking (been almost 6 months).

Overall. Best car/truck I've ever owned. Wife agrees and she hates luxory cars (her and her Psych major and all those BMW owners got to her). :-) She hated the 02 allroad we had, but love this. Go figure. Now she wants a Q5.

-ThinkMac-
Old 03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Kids can lock the door from the inside. Panic mommies can't get back in from the outside.

Quick Reply: Q7 Pet Peeve List