Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Pet Peeve List

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an 07 Premium 3.6. Is it a feature on the 08's and above, or Prestige trim level?
Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear lock buttons on the rear doors are pointless. All the doors lock when you start driving. There is absolutley nothing good about it. And yes my 2 year old has locked herself in the back seat.

I also wish that when the mirror switch is put in the folding setting that the mirrors would automatically fold when turning off the car and unfold when turning it on.

Btw as far as heated mirrors are concerned, its not a good idea to have them on all the time. Every now and then you see cars with discolored mirror glass and many times its because the heating element damages the glass from being on all the time.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, people have nailed all mine
The rear hatch close being factory is one of those little things that bug me

And does anyone else have their weatherstripping not secured on the rear doors?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

1) The seat belt chime that keeps chiming whenever the car is on, even if you are sitting in park with the engine off. Really annoying.

2) The black hole between the seat and center console that sucks up anything you might drop. It is extremely difficult to retrieve anything from in there.

3) Visibility of obstacles close to the car is very poor. It is hard to see curbs, parking lot lines, anything that is on the ground in the area of the car.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Maui19
2) The black hole between the seat and center console that sucks up anything you might drop. It is extremely difficult to retrieve anything from in there.
Somewhere on this forum (I am pretty sure) there is a link to a website that makes something that will fit between the seats and the console so stuff doesn't fall into the black hole. I thought I bookmarked it but now I can't find it. I had definitely planned to get them when my Q7 comes in...

My Mini Cooper has the same issue.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Clenz, IAS5 and ithinkmac mentioned many f the things i wanted to mention with the exception of the following:

the seats are not comfy enough for a vehicle this size. Why can't we get S-Line seats when we have the S-Line package? I know for the B8 A4 if you get the S-Line package you will also get upgraded seats!

And maybe the steering wheel is not thick enough, doesn't commensurate with the bulk of the Q7. The X5/X6 steering wheels are meaty!

the lock/unlock positions should be reversed - unlock should be on top while lock button below. the inward angle for the button below is also awkward.

Voice recognition system is lousy compared to Mercedes' Linguatronic

Side view mirrors should tilt up automatically when vehicle is locked and tilts down when door is opened

The squeak by the rear cargo divider annoys the hell out of me. I have it unmounted most of the time!

No individual TPMS showing live reading

MMI phone doesn't store dialled/received/missed calls; as soon as you shut the engine down it resets.

Onboard trip computer 1 should only reset after 4 hours or so not every time you restart the vehicle.

Why no under-seat storage on driver's side?

Headrests should be electric powered.

Why no memory seats for front passenger?
Old 03-27-2010, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

driver side storage, i believe the battery is under the driver seat.

Majority of the cars don't seem to have memory settings for passengers. Logic dictates that the passenger will most likely able to adjust to whatever comfortable position they desire at any given time. Whereas, it saves time for the re-adjustments whenever the driver changes.

Good point on the MMI dialed/missed/received number list.

I believe the trip computer reset is by design, this is for driving mileage since engine start. ie, you've been driving for 3 hours and 100 miles, etc... Information.

Not sure if the TPMS is active or passive on the Q7s. I think the Q5s were passive, so not indication of actual PSIs, but more of monitoring to see if there's a change. Only active will give you exact PSI reading, but that also requires sensors in the tires. Probably somebody with more knowledge of the Q7 TPMS can chime in. I'm curious to know now.

for side mirror tilting note. I swear, there was a couple of times, that I came back to the car, and I noticed that mirrors were tilted. The minute I start the engine, they both tilt down, but I'm pretty sure mirror control know was at center. This only happened a couple of times, and I could not repeat it, so either I did something accidently or I dreamt the whole thing.

Agreed on the voice recognition, haven't try the MB version. But lately I've been using voice commands for most of my phone dialing and directory lookup, and it's pretty good. I'm surprised that i can bring up the names as I read them. For instance, I said call Mat, and it brings up Mathew (as entered in directory), which I find pretty good.

-ThinkMac-
Old 03-27-2010, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kkbma
Somewhere on this forum (I am pretty sure) there is a link to a website that makes something that will fit between the seats and the console so stuff doesn't fall into the black hole. I thought I bookmarked it but now I can't find it. I had definitely planned to get them when my Q7 comes in...

My Mini Cooper has the same issue.

I ordered mine in mid December- still waiting. I've called three times and they promise they're on the way. The website name escapes me right now, but it is on the forum and if you find it, don't bother ordering them.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2007 4.2 ...I can't stand the way it shifts from first to second. It's almost impossible to pull away from a stop light smoothly. I wish I could force the car to start out in second during normal conditions. Other than that, all other gripes have been noted.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Being that today there is light rain in jersey it reminded me how much I hate the auto wipers. I wish there was a manual setting for the intermitent wipers. They go to fast for my taste when on auto mode.

Quick Reply: Q7 Pet Peeve List