Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Pet Peeve List

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the pointed edge on the rear back door. They are dangerous for cars next to it as well as kids.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 98a6quattro
Being that today there is light rain in jersey it reminded me how much I hate the auto wipers. I wish there was a manual setting for the intermitent wipers. They go to fast for my taste when on auto mode.
My Q has a switch on the stalk that lets you adjust the rate of the auto wipers.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kaptom540
What is your pet peeve about the Q7

Mine .. Why and how does dirt get trapped in the rear door(s) .. I just don't get it .. if you haven't checked please do and let me know if you doors are dirty ..

Here is a picture for reference .. dirt gets trapped by the edge of the doors ..

This is a **** poor design. There should be a hard plastic trim piece behind the rubber strip on the wheel well to channel water/dirt away. It would be very easy to add, don't know why it wasn't a running change.

I noticed on an 08 Q7 loaner I had once there was no electric fuel door release. It just had a spring loaded release. No security at all and very chincy for a $50K car. The power steering column adjustments should be standard too as we had power adjust on the 04 Touareg we had before the Q7.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maui19
My Q has a switch on the stalk that lets you adjust the rate of the auto wipers.
i have that too, but its still automatic and still swipes too often when its barely raining. it ends up streaking the entire windshield and I'm sure it damages the blades.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

the gas filler door may be spring loaded, but when you lock the car, it locks as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Starting from 2010 all Q7s have the passive TPMS system which relies on ABS sensors and not individual TPMS to warn of tire pressure loss. Personally I prefer active systems for their accuracy and the convenience of monitoring exact pressure from inside the car. Only drawback would be the extra $400 one has to spend if they have a second set of wheels. In fact, when I bought my second set I had already ordered the TPMS only to find out later that my 2010 does not need/cannot use them.

I was also told starting from MY2010 all Audis except the R8 will only have passive tire pressure warning system (cost saving!!). If true, I am surprised they even removed this from the flagship A8/S8!

Also noticed the sharp edge on rear doors today after reading about this here. Poor design!

Oh and rear seat cupholders are flimsy.

With regards to auto rain-sensing wipers, mine actually doesn't wipe often enough even though I've put it to the fastest setting on the stalk. As a result, I've often had to adjust the stalk position.

Having said all the above, still love the Q7 overall. Nothing in its price range that can do much better, bar the GL. Been seeing more facelift Range Rover on the road, looks nice but I doubt it'll drive like a Q7. Shall go for a test drive one of these days!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pchansen
I ordered mine in mid December- still waiting. I've called three times and they promise they're on the way. The website name escapes me right now, but it is on the forum and if you find it, don't bother ordering them.
Thanks for the tip - I thought this was such a great invention! If I had decided to keep the Mini was going to get them for it as well...
Old 04-01-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate the high rear bumper compared to the load floor. It makes for getting stuff in and out from the back pretty hard without scratching the rear bumper, especially if the items have shifted to the very back of the cargo area. One quick fix would have been to put a nice aluminum trim piece on the top of the back bumper to eliminate this. The Cayanne has one of these trim plates and it looks good and is perfect for not nicking up the paint on the top of the back bumper.

Just my little pet peeve.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i guess brake dust is a given pet peeve?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kaptom540
i guess brake dust is a given pet peeve?
Easily fixed with ceramic pads though

Quick Reply: Q7 Pet Peeve List