Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q7 running Lights

I have lived with it for about 6 months. Has anyone received a Q7 with 2 different color led running lights as you look at the front of the vehicle? My 67K dollar Q7TDI has bright blue on the left side and Yellow tinted on the right side as you look at it. The dealer has basically washed there hands of this. Although they did do some troubleshooting of the problem. Basically their point is "both work"... No problem... But they do recognize the difference in color. There is a clear difference between the 2... It really pisses me off....I was considering trading in my Porsche TT for an R8 but this has left such a sour taste in my mouth...

Thanks
Old 06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be able to swap the modules out, better swap both out under warranty. They should not be different colors.
I even got my dealer to fix my LEDs in the tailight because one is dimmer than the rest (hardly noticeable, but if you look for it, you can see it). If it's not functional as advertised, it should be a warranty claim. 2 different color DRLs are definitely not within factory specs.

-ThinkMac-
Old 06-09-2011, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

photo?

secondly, it's not audi giving you the run around it is your dealer... so not sure why or how trading in your porsche is an issue.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
photo?

secondly, it's not audi giving you the run around it is your dealer... so not sure why or how trading in your porsche is an issue.
Dealer replaced something on the module. It did not change the color. One is yellow and one is blue. You can see a difference on the taillights as well. One brighter than the other. I am open to any suggestions. Dealer is unwilling to make correct. You answered as if you have some suggestions on resolution.... I logged a complaint with Audi America. Got a call and they told me that if both DRL work there is nothing more that can be done....

Thanks
Old 06-20-2011, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Expert

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...lor.?styleid=8
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok... Got it... Read the whole line of complaints.. Looks like AUDI is perfectly fine with selling a 60K dollar car that looks like a 10K POS from the front when looking at the DRL.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet Audi wouldn't use a car with different color DRL's in a TV ad(or they would photo shop it to look identical). This is blatant false advertising in my book. I wonder what would happen if you went to small claims court with AoA. If it is obvious in a photo they don't match, it should be a slam dunk in court.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Latest update

AoA finally got back with me after I posted another complaint with a picture of the Blue and Yellow different color DRL's and told them I would be sending the picture and a letter of how poorly this has been handled to Autoweek, Automobile magazine, Quattro, Motor Trend, etc. Finally they set up and approved my dealer to fix under warranty. Hats off to the dealer since they had 6 different headlights and had them all on hand. They went through all of these lights until they found 2 that were very, very, close to a match. Close enough I can live with it.... A lot of drama that was not necessary to get resolution but I guess in the end I finally got what I paid for... I was actually considering trading in my Porsche 911 turbo on an R8 but since this event I just really have a sour taste in my mouth. I am about as loyal of an Audi customer as they come. At one time I owned 5. I still have my wife's TT but have sold the A8, A4 and quattro. I guess I will get over it in time...
Old 07-19-2011, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Expert

glad to hear they finally stepped up, sad to see it was only after threats. luckily you got what you wanted and it is back to 'normal' now...