Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Seat issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q7 Seat issues

i just bought myself a nice 2014 Q7 sline plus. Great car but after long journeys I find that the seat side Polster is too narrow and presses onto my legs which becomes very uncomfortable. Is it possible to buy a different seat base? Any ideas. Thanks Tom.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default No....and yes

If you want to spend about $3000.00 you can change the seats and maintain a fully stock functional seat. How you might ask....by importing S line sport seats from Germany then stripping the covers off your stock seats and the new sport seats (with adjustable seat bottom Bolster) then switching EVERYTHING over. Make sure you get the same year of seat. the seat frames are the same just all the cover structure is different. It will take you 3 days start to finish if you know what you are doing, I know as I did it. This is a MAJOR production only do it if you love your car and intend on keeping it for a while. If you want to take the chance you could just swap the seats and plug them in.....and PRAY that the wiring is 100% the same, but I really didn't want to take that chance!
Old 11-27-2017, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for your feedback. I also wonder if I could use just the seat base of a q7 se model. They are on the market for quite some time and I could probably source them much cheaper? I don’t believe that they have the side Polster as the se is more comfort?
Old 11-27-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default can't answer that

Originally Posted by Thomas70
Thanks for your feedback. I also wonder if I could use just the seat base of a q7 se model. They are on the market for quite some time and I could probably source them much cheaper? I don’t believe that they have the side Polster as the se is more comfort?
I have a 2012 Q7 prestige S-line. In my foto album you can see pics of my new front seats and my rear "limo' seats installed.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
I have a 2012 Q7 prestige S-line. In my foto album you can see pics of my new front seats and my rear "limo' seats installed.
Man those front seats look so much more supportive and COMFY! Do you like the rear middle organizer section? I have car seats on both of my rear sides, not sure how well the center would work.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default mine is a 6 passenger configuration

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
Man those front seats look so much more supportive and COMFY! Do you like the rear middle organizer section? I have car seats on both of my rear sides, not sure how well the center would work.
I have NEVER used the two rear most seats and only recently opened them for the first time. I never have more than 4 people in my car so the rear works very well in my case. The rear center console has a fridge in it for keeping your champagne glasses chilled I guess....
Old 11-28-2017, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

I meant the center seats are where the kids are. The rear most are like yours lying in the floor
Old 11-29-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default damn.....

Originally Posted by Built4Sin
I meant the center seats are where the kids are. The rear most are like yours lying in the floor
I knew I forgot something.

1. take out the trash
2. mow the lawn
3. hang the Christmas lights
4, HAVE KIDS
I knew it was something on the list....damn damn damn
Old 02-27-2018, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The Q7 bucket seats suck!
Old 02-27-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have found the seats to be fine! We do lots of long drives. Drove NY to NC this summer and I was quite happy with the seats. The kids and the dogs were a different story.

Mike

(do wish it had the massage seats from my A8L LOL)

Quick Reply: Q7 Seat issues