Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Side Mirror Motor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the pictures! Today, I was able to remove the mirror and motor in a few minutes:
- bent a flat head screwdriver in about 30 degree
- push the end of mirror close to door so you can have ~ 1/2 inch clearance on the other side of mirror
-- while use one or two fingers to pull the mirror lightly and use bent-screwdriver to pry the two tabs (one in on the top and another one at the bottom) so they are not longer locked
-- then pull further so the whole mirror can be removed.
-- use T10 torx bit to take motor off

Like other said, when the motor has the electric current applied, it will make some small sound; When adjust the mirror switch, the motor housing won't turn any more. For my 07 Q7, it shows part # 4L0 959 577; some web site shows new part # is 7L6 959 577
Old 12-11-2015, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our 2009 Q7 mirrors do not respond to the control ****. Only the folding function works when the control **** is operated It seems that when they are adjusted manually they seem to return to a pre-set position when the car starts back up. I am wondering about how to accurately diagnose what component is not operating properly. The mirror switch, the mirror motors, or a glitch in the pre-set controls for mirrors and seat position? Any ideas would be much appreciated
Old 12-13-2015, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both my mirror motors are bad, I already took the right side out to look at it. looking for a cheap place to buy both left and right. found a few place that will sell you the right for $47 and the left for $66. when I put it back together I used some Vaseoline, moves alot easier for the motor. lube up the fingers going into the m=mirror. if the motors are that weak around here they won't last with the ice build up on the mirror. that reminds me my heaters in the mirrors don't work I don't think either. not sure if it's the glass or something else. But this is minor I have to fix my keyless entry first.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

**** does have to be in the "middle" position for mirror heat to function. I still forget some times...
Old 12-20-2015, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just noticed the LED light under the mirrors don't work or are very faint. does any one have a wire diagram or a way to replace those lights. the lights that create a circle on the ground when you open the doors
Old 03-09-2016, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Excellent Post!👍👍👍

Thank you. Your instructions worked out perfectly for me. Took less than 30 minutes. The tricky part is unclipping the first two tabs. After that, came off loose as you mentioned. Rest is a breeze!
Old 01-26-2019, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Q7 mirrors don't move

Hello guys! I am.a new member in the forum and need your help. Just buyed a q7 3.0 tdi from may2007. Can't regulate the side mirrors. When use the button the motors make noise but the glass just don't move... have to move them manually. The retractile function works well... can someone help, please? Thank you!!
Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i had my 07 Q7 both side mirrors replaced based on the video i got from youtube. the only tool i used is to bent my flat head screw driver for about 30 degree to get the mirrors off from the motors.

here is the site i believe i watched:
but do not pull the mirror showed by this video, use modified the screwdriver to pry the any two clips clipped on the motor so the mirror could be easily taken off

here is the site where i got most the parts from: https://www.audiusaparts.com/
Old 01-27-2019, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting video. Used youtube videos to replace 11 year old battery last year. Always amazed what info is out there. Both motors were replaced by extended warranty years ago ( that makes 2 motors for driver side). Cost was free with warranty and dealer was kind enough to provide complimentary scratches on paint inside of drivers mirror. Will bookmark video in case needed for future.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GRNMACHINE
Looks like an old thread, was wondering if anyone else having their side view mirror motors fail? Drivers motor was replaced months ago, today the passenger mirror appears to have same failure. Wont move up or down, will move a little side to side.
Hi I have a 2009 Q7 and the right mirror makes noise but won’t move. Not sure if I need a new motor? Thanks Auggie

Quick Reply: Q7 Side Mirror Motor Issues