Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Tire Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts
Default Q7 Tire Pressure

Checked the tire pressure label in my Q7 for the first time today. Front - 44 PSI; Rear - 49 PSI.

Wow, is that high! I've owned over 30 vehicles, and can't remember any of them having such a high recommended cold PSI. Even my full size GM SUVs were just 35 PSI.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, it's nuts.....

Yes, it's nuts, isn't it? Talk about a rough ride..... My 07 Q has air suspension, and after trying recommended pressures once only, I've always run around 36 psi (275/45/20 all season Continentals). This gives a good balance of comfort, handling, and tread life.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Force-1
Checked the tire pressure label in my Q7 for the first time today. Front - 44 PSI; Rear - 49 PSI.

Wow, is that high! I've owned over 30 vehicles, and can't remember any of them having such a high recommended cold PSI. Even my full size GM SUVs were just 35 PSI.
I have personally found that 42 psi maximizes tire life and wear but also provides a good ride.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

The pressure on the door jam is "fully loaded". The owners manual
Will give you other options including 36 all around. I too use 42ish this
Will also affect mileage positively.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tric
I have personally found that 42 psi maximizes tire life and wear but also provides a good ride.
+1
Old 10-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTRA4
The pressure on the door jam is "fully loaded". The owners manual
Will give you other options including 36 all around. I too use 42ish this
Will also affect mileage positively.
Thanks. I didn't think to research the manual, as I'm used to relying on the door sticker.

I noted the manual says all 4 tires can be set to 35 PSI for "comfort", provided my typical load is me plus 2 passengers. They should be set to the higher pressure if I have a full load.

In either case, I must update the MMI to reflect the current pressure I'm using.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+2 (after trying lower pressures for a year)
Old 10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Force-1
Thanks. I didn't think to research the manual, as I'm used to relying on the door sticker.

I noted the manual says all 4 tires can be set to 35 PSI for "comfort", provided my typical load is me plus 2 passengers. They should be set to the higher pressure if I have a full load.

In either case, I must update the MMI to reflect the current pressure I'm using.

Some peole don't like me to post here any more as I am not an Audi Q7 driver/owner any more (MB E350 now) due to severe issue with the dealer and AoA but I'll post anyway.

As my Q7 turned out to be the worst rattle box I ever owned as a vehicle to drive I also tried to lower tire pressure. The car came with factory installed Continentals. I tried to lower tire pressure and it helped a little bit but it also caused severe tire wear at edges. I drove with 35 psi for a couple of thousands of miles but after seeing what it did to the tires I raised it up to 40 psi. This did not stop edge wear on tires, slowed it down some though.

To make your tires to wear evenly they need to be inflated to the pressurer Audi actuaaly knows to be the right pressure. It does not matter what some BRAIN WASHED Audi lowers want you to believe. A car should be able to drive confortably with tire pressures that provide even tire wear across the thread. On Q7 this is a far fetch including the air suspension ones.

Arrie
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Do us a favor-Hang out on the MB board

Originally Posted by Arrie
Some peole don't like me to post here any more as I am not an Audi Q7 driver/owner any more (MB E350 now) due to severe issue with the dealer and AoA but I'll post anyway.

As my Q7 turned out to be the worst rattle box I ever owned as a vehicle to drive I also tried to lower tire pressure. The car came with factory installed Continentals. I tried to lower tire pressure and it helped a little bit but it also caused severe tire wear at edges. I drove with 35 psi for a couple of thousands of miles but after seeing what it did to the tires I raised it up to 40 psi. This did not stop edge wear on tires, slowed it down some though.

To make your tires to wear evenly they need to be inflated to the pressurer Audi actuaaly knows to be the right pressure. It does not matter what some BRAIN WASHED Audi lowers want you to believe. A car should be able to drive confortably with tire pressures that provide even tire wear across the thread. On Q7 this is a far fetch including the air suspension ones.

Arrie
Take your negativity elsewhere.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 to that.. but I would add a "please" to it.

It's one thing to slam AOA or the Q7, but slamming owners (eg. Brain-washed) is not cool.

Quick Reply: Q7 Tire Pressure