Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 Towing package

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2022, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hitch has a sticker stating 7700 pounds, so I reckon it has the towing package.
The following users liked this post:
'10Q7TDI_Prestige' (06-11-2022)
Old 06-30-2022, 11:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am currently looking for a q7 with the tow package,I was told that tow comes with air suspension. Is it possible to have tow with or without air?
Old 07-01-2022, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 353 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by Smiledr996s
I am currently looking for a q7 with the tow package,I was told that tow comes with air suspension. Is it possible to have tow with or without air?
I have the factory tow pkg. w/ factory hitch. I have a coil spring/shock suspension. 07' 3.6L Premium...
Old 07-02-2022, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 774 Likes on 641 Posts

YES. The tow package from factory could be equipped on any Q7. The factory tow option nets you better cooling fans/radiator setup, as well as the lighting harness/controller/heavy-duty hitch receiver, so it's still very desirable feature even if not towing with it. The air suspension is optimal for heavier towing as it load-levels the car, has adjustable shocks & ride height, and so much more. You can always purchase a tow kit from Audi (search BAV Audi parts on internet for a deal) for any Q7; it's just going to cost you an extra $1,000 or more to go that route, and then install & program the car, etc. You just wouldn't have the high output radiator & fan setup optimized specifically for towing, but the car is still very capable.

Old 08-20-2023, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to know if Q7 has towing package included

i am buying an 2021 Q7, and it says in the description that it has "Towing Equipment Included; Trailer Say Control". But all the pictures online show a smooth rear bumper with no visible hitch. Is the hitch covered by a cover or part of the bumper cover? Can you tell by looking at the VIN: WA1LXAF75MD016934
Old 08-20-2023, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by pschovanec
i am buying an 2021 Q7, and it says in the description that it has "Towing Equipment Included; Trailer Say Control". But all the pictures online show a smooth rear bumper with no visible hitch. Is the hitch covered by a cover or part of the bumper cover? Can you tell by looking at the VIN: WA1LXAF75MD016934
The hitch, if the vehicle has it, will be fully visible from the rear. No cover.
Old 08-20-2023, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 256 Likes on 216 Posts

Note that this is the Q7 MK1 forum. Your 2021 is a Mlk2.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...iscussion-211/
Regardless, the answer is the same. Factory tow hitches for the US are visible.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pschovanec
The car does not have a tow hook from the factory, perhaps it was installed later.

Old 08-20-2023, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

Yes. You can have it with. Or without.

My '13 Q7 TDi came with the factory tow package. No air suspension, sadly.

My '15 Cayenne came with factory air suspension but no tow. So I added a factory hitch from a Q7.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 774 Likes on 641 Posts
Default Euro Models Generally have 'Hidden Hitch'

Originally Posted by glavanesti
The car does not have a tow hook from the factory, perhaps it was installed later.
Towing is a factory option; it adds a higher wattage/higher capacity radiator cooling fan, the trailer lighting control module, and of course the actual hitch receiver and hitch mount. On Euro market cars, they generally use a hidden type hitch ball/receiver setup...not the exposed hitch receiver like North American market Q7s have.

All Q7's are 'factory prepped' with necessary wiring harness connections for an owner to add a brake controller and the OEM hitch/reciever kit, as post-purchase adds at the dealership or later on, etc. It should be noted that on the European models, the hitch is a special hidden type design, which swivels /swings down into the working position from where it is hidden behind the bumper. It is not the same as the North American hitch receiver; a lot more tech and fancy to keep things looking tidy in the rear of the car, etc., and when not in use it just swivels back up into the hidden position.

That said, you should be easily able to determine on any Q7 if it has the factory installed tow kit simply by looking up under the bumper, of if working from pictures, you need to familiarize yourself with the switches layout in the rear cargo area of vehicle, and simply ask pertinent questions of the seller, etc. It is not uncommon for multiple listing errors to appear on used Q7 listings, so it pays to know the car better than the dealer/seller does in order to find what options you desire.

Quick Reply: Q7 Towing package