Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Q7 V12 LED Daytime Running Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 242 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Q7 V12 LED Daytime Running Lights...

One of the hardest to obtain Audi parts at current, the Q7 V12 TDI LED Daytime Running Lights, however a few sets of these have been made available. Only ONE set remain, those who are interested in the Q7 V12 TDI Front Bumper Package or a Complete Body Package please do contact for more details.

Q7 V12 TDI Front Bumper Package

Q7 V12 TDI LED Daytime Running Lights (In Stock)
(Note flash makes LED's appear yellow/orange, they shine white when activated)

Details
Front bumper package includes everything needed for fitment, however for a seamless fitment the wheel housing extensions are needed which also should be fitted with lower door skits and that does lead the rear bumper for seamless fitment. If you did want to fit just the front bumper the edges that meet the wheel arch would need to be smoothed and molded to the current body lines, which is possible. Though complete Q7 V12 TDI Body Packages are available for those who want to complete the entire look in the proper OE fashion. Please contact for details and options: contact@europrice.us

The LED Daytime Lights are reserved for those who are interested in the front bumper package or complete body package. Additional units may be available which could be sold separately.

Comments, Questions:
Please inquire here, PM or via email at: contact@europrice.us

Thank you for your time,

Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi thanks for the information here. As for the day running lights, I checked the website and did not see if you provide the HID kit?

Also, will these fit an S-Line bumper? Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Are you looking for headlight housings with the ballast, bulbs and other components to convert from Halogen?

These are not designed to fit with anything but the V12 TDI front bumper bolt-on, however you can fit them with custom work onto an S-Line front bumper.

Cheers,

Old 10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can a US spec halogen equipped Q7 be changed to HID just by adding ballasts, bulbs, and housings? And reprogramming with a VAG-Com? Or is it a completely different wiring harness?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

You do need a small adapter harness as well, no need to change the wiring up

Old 10-08-2009, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Alex,

I am looking to replace the current Turn Signals on my S-Line 08 with LED versions. Do you know if there is a Kit out there. I believe you said it can be done however, some custom work is needed.

Thanks,
Old 10-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Well currently I do not believe anyone has confirmed the shape is correct for the pre-facelift bumpers. I can surely source you the parts, without a problem, likely you will need to wire in a resistor inline to make sure the system doesn't think you have a turn signal out. It will take a bit of custom work for sure, however fitment wise I cannot speculate other than comparing photos at the moment.

Looks possible to me, but again would be nice to compare the units to each other complete. There are also several types of LED turn signals for different bumper styles. If you are interested in trying some fitment do let me know: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm confused about this and would really like the look of the newer Q's with LED DRL's. It seems the investment and work is extensive.

The solution that you propose to achieve the new look retrofitted to older Q7's is the following??

1. Replace the front bumper with V12TDI bumper.
2. Replace the Headlights with newer bixenon V12TDI lights and LED DRL's

If I do those two items, will I have a seamless front bumper with the rest of the car? Or, did I read that the V12TDI bumper will not match the edge of the wheel well on the older (non s-line) V8 Q7s? and will require some body work?

The pictures are a little confusing.. Would the new turn signals be LED's (and in the same location as the current turn signals?) The LED DRL's are actually integrated into the new bi-xenon light housings?? Is that correct? - that comparative picture of Q7's seems to show the drl's in the headlight housing.

It leads me to question if your original post actually shows led turnsignals, not DRLs? If you are swapping out the original turnsignal for a DRL - where's your turnsignal ending up?

The question has probably been asked, but could one simply swap out the old bi-xenon's with the new ones that include the DRL's wrapped inside the headlight housing? And what other mod's would be required? Would the new light housing be the same size, and have the same connectors to the body and be seamless with the old 07 bumper?? (aside from perhaps some cable housing and Vag com work?)
Old 10-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

I apologize on the slower response as I did not see your post immediately.

Well you could do the V12 TDI front bumper, however you would need an autobody shop to mold the edge of the bumper to seemlessly fit with your current fenders.

OR

You would fit the V12 TDI LED daytime lights on your current front bumper, requires custom fitment but can be done more easily than modifying the V12TDI front bumper. Then you can fit the V12 TDI headlamps which have a turn signal built into them since you are removing the standard turn signals.

Now there are post facelift headlights with LED built into them, however the big issue there is you need new ballasts and bulbs, which add $1500 or so to the cost of the headlights.

The best bet is to fit the V12 TDI daytime lights and if you want an OE solution to the turn signal issue to fit the headlights as well. If you are interested in a quote please do not hesitate to email me at: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,