Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Rear Camera and Sensors -07 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Camera and Sensors -07 Q7

I just took my Q7 to my dealer b/c my rear sensors kept beeping even when nothing was behind me. They told me that it was just some dirt or either I back into something (which I did not). They told me that if anything was really wrong with the senors then it would not be covered under the audi warranty b/c 07 Q7's did not have that option (rear sensor & camera). Can someone please confirm that it did. My Q has all the packages and is loaded. The reason I do not know the answer to this question is b/c it's a CPO (Pre owned); but I thought if it had the nav package then it had the rear cameras.

Thanks!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

where is the camera at?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

it's in front of the license plate. My buddy purchased a brand new 08 Q and they are in the same place.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The rear camera and senors on a 07 Q7, I believe came with the Technology Package. I have an 07 and it has this. I bought CPO last month and do not have any problems. My dealer, Chandler Audi also seems to be great as they updated my MMI software under warranty and provided a loaner.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Take your car to another Audi dealer. That's just plain stupid on their part. Looking up the VIN will confirm the options that were factory installed. I have an '07 with sensors and back up camera. My dealer just replaced the coax cable from the MMI screen to the camera because of a fuzzy picture. Think a moment about the labor involved in that and they didn't even blink.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rmbrownii
I just took my Q7 to my dealer b/c my rear sensors kept beeping even when nothing was behind me. They told me that it was just some dirt or either I back into something (which I did not). They told me that if anything was really wrong with the senors then it would not be covered under the audi warranty b/c 07 Q7's did not have that option (rear sensor & camera). Can someone please confirm that it did. My Q has all the packages and is loaded. The reason I do not know the answer to this question is b/c it's a CPO (Pre owned); but I thought if it had the nav package then it had the rear cameras.

Thanks!!!!
I just had Navigation installed in My '09 Q7 and because it was done at Audi dealer it falls under the new car warranty. At least this is what I was told by them. So, even if your car did not originally come with the options they should be covered under the warranty if they are original Audi assessories installed by Audi.

You might want to ask your dealer their opinion about assessories installed after car has been bought as I know for a fact that Audi installed assessories will be covered under car's factory warranty if installed by Audi.

Arrie
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All Q7s have had rear sensors! Certain packages added rear camera. Later models added front sensors. No models have front camera. Your dealer may be confusing Model years or front and rear differences.
One of the common early faults was pealing or partial pealing paint resulting in false reading. A few people had sensor fails. The front sensors are more prone to impact damage to paint. If you view in list, filter by model year you can use the spreadsheet to find plenty of pics with front end showing sensors. NONE were modified.
Is your car definitly MY07 not just delivered 07? Could still be an 08MY
EDIT your dealer is correct in so far as original Q7 US model did not have front sensors.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not all US models have rear sensors. That is an option.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, I thought it was just the display which was an option. Either way the dealer cannot argue it was not available in 07 as rear was always an option not front.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear sensors and camera were part of the tech pack for 07. I don't have any parking sensors on my beast

They didn't matter too much when I had them on my Touareg. The wife still managed to back the damn thing into a fire hydrant. What's that beeping..... crunch.

John.

Quick Reply: Rear Camera and Sensors -07 Q7