Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Replacing MMI Circuit Board

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing MMI Circuit Board

Anyone else had a problem with the MMI circuit board on center console? My wife spilled lemonade on the controls just beneath cupholder and it fried the circuit board. Dealership won't cover as it was "external source", however pretty crappy design in my opinion to have a circuit board under a cupholder. Cost upwards of $2K to fix!
Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default some guy on fourtitude had the same issue, though he was able to use contact cleaner to revive it

I have some pictures on how you can remove the controller if you want them; just drop me an email. There's also a guy who's selling (or was selling) an MMI controller from an A6 Boston area craigslist...if it's the same part number, it'd be a cheaper option than at the dealer.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No drinks allowed in our car for reasons such as this...........
The following users liked this post:
rayonkcmills (02-15-2020)
Old 06-26-2007, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Replacing MMI Circuit Board

these are the thungs worth knowing and the main reason for visiting this board - I must say though, pity it has to happen to one of us.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Already told my wife ... watch the drinks in the front!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Why don't you guys come up with a clear plastic cover for the MMI section of the dash -

much like a keyboard protector?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default mmi replacement

Hello, just wanted to provide some information on the issue you have/had. the mmi board can easily be cleaned. there are many you tube how to videos for removing the assembly. i used these and have done mine twice now, my wife has spilled coffee on it twice. bad location and design on Audi's part. all you need are some trim removal tools and a good contact cleaner. it took me about 35 mins first time and less than 20 the next. saved me thousands. both times i have done it , it worked flawlessly each time. need anymore info hit me up.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What are the symptoms of a wet mmi board @rainman39. And how to clean it
Old 02-06-2020, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rainman39
Hello, just wanted to provide some information on the issue you have/had. the mmi board can easily be cleaned. there are many you tube how to videos for removing the assembly. i used these and have done mine twice now, my wife has spilled coffee on it twice. bad location and design on Audi's part. all you need are some trim removal tools and a good contact cleaner. it took me about 35 mins first time and less than 20 the next. saved me thousands. both times i have done it , it worked flawlessly each time. need anymore info hit me up.
hey can you send me the info on how to clean it please this girl spilled a water bottle on mine and now nothing works.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rainman39
can you send video of how to access Mimi board on 2018 q7?

Quick Reply: Replacing MMI Circuit Board