Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Replacing MMI Circuit Board

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2020, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The MMI board is easily replaced just make sure you get NAV if you have NAV this is the one you will see all over for $30 the non NAV one is for non nav...

The hard part of this replacement is cleaning the KEYS so they don't stick.
I advise you, DO NOT SPRAY THEM DOWN WITH ANY CLEANERS, the cleaner if not instantly removed will cause the Rubber coating that is on all the buttons and surrounding area to separate from the plastic. If u dont know what I mean by rubber coating, 100% listen to anyone that else, NOT TRUE I sprayed that stuff! LOL....
I've cleaned quite a few of these and it's no easy task, as the sticky liquid arent just holding the buttons to the sides, the channels the buttons slide in also fill with liquids.
There is no easy way to clean those, and I see no easy way to get the buttons out. Also repeatedly messing with them will cause the metal spring pieces that pushes the buttons back up to break off their tabs.
Basically to clean the sides of the buttons where it sticks I used a metal feeler gauge tool choosing the thinnest to fit down the side of the buttons and wetting it with the cleaner solution.
after all the sides of the buttons were cleaned then came to the plastic channels. I found no easy way to clean those besides squirting some lubricant into them and cleaning off with compressed air.
I've cleaned around 5 like this with no more sticking buttons. You wont know your buttons are fully cleaned until that have been heated with the sun then cooled again LOL...
Old 12-17-2020, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new MMI board that works perfectly for my 2010 Q7 TDI on Amazon.com (USA) for $CDN 250) delivered. Had the dealer install it. Voila! Note: Previous to replacing it the dealer cleaned it which was (a) a waste of time and (b) money.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, can you please assist me in sending me a video or link to how to remove it and clean it.
valcinisaiah0@gmail.com

QUOTE=rainman39;25101387]Hello, just wanted to provide some information on the issue you have/had. the mmi board can easily be cleaned. there are many you tube how to videos for removing the assembly. i used these and have done mine twice now, my wife has spilled coffee on it twice. bad location and design on Audi's part. all you need are some trim removal tools and a good contact cleaner. it took me about 35 mins first time and less than 20 the next. saved me thousands. both times i have done it , it worked flawlessly each time. need anymore info hit me up.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-03-2021, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John D. Vickers
I bought a new MMI board that works perfectly for my 2010 Q7 TDI on Amazon.com (USA) for $CDN 250) delivered. Had the dealer install it. Voila! Note: Previous to replacing it the dealer cleaned it which was (a) a waste of time and (b) money.
Hey John, thanks for sharing, can you please post the part number you ordered? The link is just for the main Amazon website and not the item. Need this for my 2015 Q7 TDI.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

if you can't find the part, try calling Hi-Tech Electronic Services in Van Nays, CA. ask for Bijan, they fixed a board for me in addition to the Bose amp (1 week turn around time). They do great work. They also have instructions on how to remove and test each module before you send any particular module to them. Check out their Google reviews.

my 2c
Old 02-05-2021, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I bought this

I left the sunroof open during a storm. Fried MMI.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MMI-Multime...EAAOSw5-lbldF3