Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

S-Line Acceleration Delay?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arp2nr
Yes I have a sprint booster and IMO it does remove the lag. There are 3 modes LED green= sport, LED red= race & LED off= off.

I normally keep it in Green. It adds no performance it just remaps the throttle signal to the computer.
I am not familiar with this product, is there a link for information?
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Silver
I am not familiar with this product, is there a link for information?
link:
http://www.sprintbooster.us/
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the computer be 're set if so haw can it be dune
Old 07-15-2013, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by arp2nr
Thanks. Looking at the site and I cannot say it gives me great confidence. It just comes off like a cheap scam. Very little information. They also don't show a Q7 past 2010. I appreciate that folks here say it works but man it is hard to get over how "scammy" the site looks.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. Looking at the site and I cannot say it gives me great confidence. It just comes off like a cheap scam. Very little information. They also don't show a Q7 past 2010. I appreciate that folks here say it works but man it is hard to get over how "scammy" the site looks.
I took some additional time to find various postings and I can see that this isn't a scam but rather a way essentially to make the car think you pressed the pedal further than you did. Question for those that have it, how does this product differ from putting the Q7 in "sports mode"?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

You must have had a granny driver as previous owner. I do not feel any hesitation off the line in D. Did you try the S mode yet? I suspect a reset of the TCU will let you start from scratch learning mode.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by weth
You must have had a granny driver as previous owner. I do not feel any hesitation off the line in D. Did you try the S mode yet? I suspect a reset of the TCU will let you start from scratch learning mode.
Brand new with only a few miles on it, so no granny driver.

I need to play around with S more in comparison to D when I next get a chance to drive it.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

After getting a chance to play with it, S mode does correct the problem. Unfortunately there is a gas penalty for using it and I don't think you should have endure that just to get rid of the initial delay.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

After getting a chance to play with it, S mode does correct the problem. Unfortunately there is a gas penalty for using it and I don't think you should have endure that just to get rid of the initial delay.
Or maybe the logic in the D mode is to start out slow to save gas? I really do not see any delay or hesitation in D mode, so I am not sure what you are noticing. However, when I want to really drive this machine, S mode definitely kicks some butt.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by weth
Or maybe the logic in the D mode is to start out slow to save gas? I really do not see any delay or hesitation in D mode, so I am not sure what you are noticing. However, when I want to really drive this machine, S mode definitely kicks some butt.
When at a stop if you press the accelerator slightly the car doesn't start to move. You actually start to move your body but the car isn't going. It's an odd feeling. I believe the issue is that the pedal doesn't really engage until it is pressed further whereas in "S" mode it goes right away. S mode also revs higher so it is going to use more gas. I shouldn't need S just to have the car start to move at the top of the pedal press.

Quick Reply: S-Line Acceleration Delay?