Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

sline bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sline bumper

I own a 2010 Q7 premium pls. with parking sensors no headlight wshrs. and thinking about buying the dealers SLINE bumper to give the sportier look.
Has anyone done it without any modifications or alterations (even swap)
I have contacted several dealers but they are clueless.

Dealer asked me to call reputable bodyshop to see if they have done it but nothing.

Can someone tell me if it can be done without modifications or extra parts.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy did this with his 1st gen. Q7. His front end was hit by something on the freeway, so on top of his deductible- he paid almost $1000 more in extra parts.

It is do-able and I think the only thing reusable is the front grill. You would need a new S-line front bumper, lower fog grilles, fog lights?, (not sure about the LED turn signals, maybe parking sensors, then paint. (This is all off the top of my head from doing front bumper swaps on my B and B7 cars and from talking to my Q7 friend.

I'd wait until your front end got damaged unless you know someone who'd want to buy your Premium Plus front bumper to offset your costs.

Originally Posted by jaribear63
I own a 2010 Q7 premium pls. with parking sensors no headlight wshrs. and thinking about buying the dealers SLINE bumper to give the sportier look.
Has anyone done it without any modifications or alterations (even swap)
I have contacted several dealers but they are clueless.

Dealer asked me to call reputable bodyshop to see if they have done it but nothing.

Can someone tell me if it can be done without modifications or extra parts.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Snopyro
My buddy did this with his 1st gen. Q7. His front end was hit by something on the freeway, so on top of his deductible- he paid almost $1000 more in extra parts.

It is do-able and I think the only thing reusable is the front grill. You would need a new S-line front bumper, lower fog grilles, fog lights?, (not sure about the LED turn signals, maybe parking sensors, then paint. (This is all off the top of my head from doing front bumper swaps on my B and B7 cars and from talking to my Q7 friend.

I'd wait until your front end got damaged unless you know someone who'd want to buy your Premium Plus front bumper to offset your costs.

I can't wait till my front bumper gets damaged- it might take years LOL.
I want to do the switch sooner than later.

I thought that every part from my bumper( sensors,fog lights and parking lights) are even swap.

I know from fact that it needs to be painted but I'm hoping that's all I need to do.

I'll be getting the bumper next week along with other transformations, including lowering it(H&R sport springs) and some 22's with tires.

Can't wait and thank you for the good feed!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Let me know how that H&R sport springs work for you as I may do this upgrade. Not sure how the ride quality will be affected when using stock struts though.

It seems like they made Koni FSD struts for the 1st gen Q7, but not for the 2nd gen Q7. If both generations use the same front/rear strut part numbers, then the Koni FSDs should work for all years. I don't know why a manufacturer would change the strut design, unless they are valved differently.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Let me know how that H&R sport springs work for you as I may do this upgrade. Not sure how the ride quality will be affected when using stock struts though.

It seems like they made Koni FSD struts for the 1st gen Q7, but not for the 2nd gen Q7. If both generations use the same front/rear strut part numbers, then the Koni FSDs should work for all years. I don't know why a manufacturer would change the strut design, unless they are valved differently.
I was told by the California H&R supplier that they have lowered couple Q7's without the necessity of changing stock struts/shocks. Also, was told that suspension might feel a little stiffer but would not notice it much.

I'm lowering my car before the wheels arrive from Europe so the springs will settle down before the tires.

I'd try the 265 or 275/40/22 and hopefully the tires would not rub front fenders ...people might say why not 35/22's but ****-cago streets suxs.

I have tried low profile tires in the past, with different cars and my wheels took severe abuse... thanks to the pot-holes on streets.
I'll keep you posted and maybe few pics once the wheels and tires are on.
Attached Images   
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i lowered my Q7 with BC coilovers. i would say coilovers better than springs by tons. dont ever listen to those H&R or those KW rep. they dont know anything.

ps: Q7 use the same suspension/brake parts on cayenne
Old 02-26-2013, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gqboy-What tires are those?

And did you put that front plate filler on, or did yours come that way (trying to find a reasonable source for the filler on mine)

sorry for the thread hijack
Old 02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cmarshack
gqboy-What tires are those?

And did you put that front plate filler on, or did yours come that way (trying to find a reasonable source for the filler on mine)

sorry for the thread hijack
Im running Bridgestone blizzak DM V1 for on my 20" winters.

I live in Alberta Canada and we do not required front license plate.

Last edited by gqboy322; 02-26-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Looking good on 20's. Yours is the first post that I've come across to state that the Q7 can use the same suspension components as a Cayenne. Good to know as the BC coilovers are half the price of the KW3's.

Question I have for you- how much of a drop did you go with? (Fender to ground measurement?) Did the suspension settle from the initial install and drop a bit lower?

Did you use a rear camber plates or camber bolts for these?

Originally Posted by gqboy322

i lowered my Q7 with BC coilovers. i would say coilovers better than springs by tons. dont ever listen to those H&R or those KW rep. they dont know anything.

ps: Q7 use the same suspension/brake parts on cayenne
Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking good on 20's. Yours is the first post that I've come across to state that the Q7 can use the same suspension components as a Cayenne. Good to know as the BC coilovers are half the price of the KW3's.

Question I have for you- how much of a drop did you go with? (Fender to ground measurement?) Did the suspension settle from the initial install and drop a bit lower?

Did you use a rear camber plates or camber bolts for these?

i honestly dont know how much it dropped. but i would say about 3-4 inch. leaving 1 finger gap all around.

it settle after a few days of hard cornering and such. i would say maybe an half inch drop

i did not use any camber plates or camber bolts, i uses the cayenne gts spec to line everything up. only thing i cant line up is caster which wont affect any tires wear.

Quick Reply: sline bumper