Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

still can get iPhone to work

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still can get iPhone to work

MMI still does not recognize the iPhone... It did before then all of a sudden ... Nope!!

my iPhone is Version4.2.1 (8c148) ... 2008 Q7 3.6premium

any suggestions out there?? The dealer says i have all MMI updates .. trying not to be skeptical of them.. still blaming iPhone...

Driving is not the same without being able to play the Pandora app.
#:0(
Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by GeminiPhotoz
MMI still does not recognize the iPhone... It did before then all of a sudden ... Nope!!

my iPhone is Version4.2.1 (8c148) ... 2008 Q7 3.6premium

any suggestions out there?? The dealer says i have all MMI updates .. trying not to be skeptical of them.. still blaming iPhone...

Driving is not the same without being able to play the Pandora app.
#:0(
Did you try deleting it, then pair again?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea .. still nothing .. the bluetooth works fine ..
Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

you were able to play the pandora app before? Why did I think that never worked on older q7's?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

2g MMI. Jailbreak anyone? iPhone 4 version 4.2.1 still has some issues. It seems to think you want to illegally transfer music rather than answer the phone.
I dont know if you have to wait for the next software update but it is the phone (model not your specific unit) at fault. I dont know if Jailbreak will help but at least its something to read up on.
There are queries on several forums here for lots of different Audi models 2g and 3g but all 4.2.1.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

To my knowledge nobody has ever streamed Pandora through Bluetooth - although it's possible the newer cars/bluetooth gear may make it possible - it doesn't work on my '10. My neighbor is an engineer at broadcomm and tells me many bluetooth sets don't have the capability to do this. So most likely nothing is wrong with your iPhone or your car, you are simply trying to make it do something it wasn't designed to do.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
2g MMI. Jailbreak anyone? iPhone 4 version 4.2.1 still has some issues. It seems to think you want to illegally transfer music rather than answer the phone.
I dont know if you have to wait for the next software update but it is the phone (model not your specific unit) at fault. I dont know if Jailbreak will help but at least its something to read up on.
There are queries on several forums here for lots of different Audi models 2g and 3g but all 4.2.1.
Thanks JusforFun.... never though to jailbreak it. I'll try it and let everyone know, now that I know I'm not the only one.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
To my knowledge nobody has ever streamed Pandora through Bluetooth - although it's possible the newer cars/bluetooth gear may make it possible - it doesn't work on my '10. My neighbor is an engineer at broadcomm and tells me many bluetooth sets don't have the capability to do this. So most likely nothing is wrong with your iPhone or your car, you are simply trying to make it do something it wasn't designed to do.
Thanks Kristatos... if music streamed through the bluetooth it would be epic.. my issue is with it connected though. Sux!!
Old 02-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PARealtor
you were able to play the pandora app before? Why did I think that never worked on older q7's?
Yea .. i didn;t even listen to my itunes anymore when i discovered Pandora played throught eh MMI... then all of a suddden ... Denial .. no more itunes .. no Pandora ... regular radio sux!! Got me back into AM Lakers talk though!!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GeminiPhotoz
Thanks Kristatos... if music streamed through the bluetooth it would be epic.. my issue is with it connected though. Sux!!
I don't think Pandora goes through the dock cable - probably the only way to stream pandora would be through bluetooth which is why I assumed you were using it undocked. If you want to play pandora w/out bluetooth wouldn't you need to use the audio jack where your headphones or auxiliary audio would go?

iTunes doesn't work either. You have to select the iPhone as your media source in MMI and then select a playlist and go from there. You simply cannot 'drive' the experience with the iPhone/iPod - it all goes through MMI. It still seems to me like you could be expecting functionality that isn't there and not finding the limited functionality that does exist.

Quick Reply: still can get iPhone to work