Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

still can get iPhone to work

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeminiPhotoz
Thanks Kristatos... if music streamed through the bluetooth it would be epic.. my issue is with it connected though. Sux!!
Are you using the 2g bluetooth AMI adaptor? I added to my wife's Q7, a few bugs but works consistently. Regarding your issue with not connecting to MMI via bluetooth, have you done a hard reset on the iPhone? I have corrected issues with mine by doing this.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
I don't think Pandora goes through the dock cable - probably the only way to stream pandora would be through bluetooth which is why I assumed you were using it undocked. If you want to play pandora w/out bluetooth wouldn't you need to use the audio jack where your headphones or auxiliary audio would go?

iTunes doesn't work either. You have to select the iPhone as your media source in MMI and then select a playlist and go from there. You simply cannot 'drive' the experience with the iPhone/iPod - it all goes through MMI. It still seems to me like you could be expecting functionality that isn't there and not finding the limited functionality that does exist.
Hi again Kristatos: the iphone 3g used to stream through the iPhone cord the Q7 came with which connects to the MMI system. With my iPhone I could play iTunes and the Pandora app worked as well (not through bluetooth). Maybe this jail break thing will work.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GeminiPhotoz
Hi again Kristatos: the iphone 3g used to stream through the iPhone cord the Q7 came with which connects to the MMI system. With my iPhone I could play iTunes and the Pandora app worked as well (not through bluetooth). Maybe this jail break thing will work.
Interesting that used to work for you. My 3GS has never worked in the car with Pandora, and iTunes has only worked through MMI. Maybe an older version of iOS worked and that functionality went away with a software update or something.

Good luck with the jail breaking, keep us posted.