Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

UK Spec 3.0 TDI Suprise/Glitches after 2 days

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Spec 3.0 TDI Suprise/Glitches after 2 days

Lived with the Q for 2 days. The drive is great, so is the technology employed. Here are some suprises and then some really picky things to look out for:

Suprises

The advanced parking software seems to have been updated to include an overlay of the 'graphic' mode on the camera view. A really cool transparent pictogram pops up when any of the eight sensors are detect an object.

Bluetooth - the ringtones on my phone come through to the car when receiving and incoming call.

Bluetooth again - the name directory downloaded by the MMI picked up all my contact's numbers(home, mobile, work) etc. I was expecting it to just pick up anything on the SIM.

3.0 TDI exceeding expectations.

Glitches

Alluminium trim was protruding on rear passenger side door. Pushed back in, doesn't seem to bond/sit well.

Cover under steering wheel column. Plastic moldings not seated well. Padding exposed slightly.

Exhaust tailpipes look crude. Not chrome as in marketing materials. Staining from exhaust gas is building up on matt silver bumper.

Air distribution pipe for rear driver's side footwell came loose. It's not fixed in anyway, can easily be kicked off. On the passenger side its screwed down

UK spec loses the second sun visor to fold out over the side windows.

UK spec also loses headlight range adjustment

Would be interested to hear if anyone else shares any of these.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: UK Spec 3.0 TDI Suprise/Glitches after 2 days

thanks for this info, I pick mine up on the 12th, interesting about the advanced parking I take it you didn't go for the sat nav colour screen, I couldn't justify the spend so went for advanced parking aswell, so whats your colour and spec? was bluetooth an additional spec? or standard? any photos? I have not seen any on the roads in london and where I live at all, do you get a lot of double takes?

I cannot believe the second visor is missing, whats the garage say about it? I would
Old 08-03-2006, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have adaptive headlights option??
Old 08-03-2006, 05:18 AM

I do have the sat nav colour screen/MMI high as part of the tech pack.

I went for the quartz grey SE, tech pack, bose, advanced parking and bluetooth.

The bluetooth was the standard offered in the UK. Forgot to say - it also does the whole speech recognition thing for the telephone functions. Something else that was a suprise. If you utter any expletives (had to try it)she replies with a polite "pardon?"

Double takes - yes. I think I may notice more as I get accustomed to the MMI and take my eyes off that great little screen!
Old 08-03-2006, 05:21 AM

No adaptive lights - well at least I didn't order them.
I was thinking that the headlight range control doesn't feature due the standard AAS in the UK. But then I did see it on the Dutch demo car they had at my dealers and that had AAS too.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 AM

Default Sensors & Headlights

If you have xenons then the range control button should be missing as they will be equipped with auto-range function (When you switch on your headlights they turn on then swivel up to the appropriate level).

What really interests me is the graphic overlay on the camera view. Seriously critical software upgrade as I was contemplating deactivating the camera to keep the graphic sensors display fully active when backing up.

As much as I value rear view cameras as safety pluses I find Audi's dynamic sensors graphic display even more practical and effective.

---barrak
Old 08-04-2006, 12:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

is bluetooth only with Nav system?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:53 AM

I believe you can order bluetooth without the nav system. Although it might be dependent on you taking the MMI high.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have bluetooth, high MMi(in case I want any retro fits), no nav.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default just got mine, and agree, the exhausts look cheap

did you get a full tank of petrol, I didn't was not happy, also do you reckon you can get chrome exhausts added as a retro fit?, not much storage is there....

Quick Reply: UK Spec 3.0 TDI Suprise/Glitches after 2 days