Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Updated Delivery Date

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Updated Delivery Date

Heard a few days ago from my dealer. Turns out my Q7 will be the first in my area since I was the first to commit to an order. Audi has also moved up my delivery estimate from the week of June 5th to the week of May 22nd. Only 6 weeks to wait now!!!! Mine is a base model but optioned almost all the way up, including the panorama roof. So I guess it was a false rumour that the roof was delaying orders for some premiums.

Can't wait. Will post piccies as soon as it arrives.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when did you order yours? and what's your original prod date?
Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Updated Delivery Date

Congrats....what color scheme did you choose?

Mike
Old 04-11-2006, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Condor Grey with Cardamon Beige Cricket Leather......

Got panorama, tow package, 20" wheels with summer tires, technology package, 4-zone A/C and adaptive air suspension.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Ordered Feb 13th..............

No official production date yet, but it will need to be set soon. I know from experience of ordering my last two Audis (2004 S4 and 2006 A3 Sportback)that it takes about a week to build, and about two weeks to get it factory-port-port-dealer. That means build week must be estimated at either next week or the week after. Audi are obviously still shuffling things for my estimate to move ahead by 2 weeks. It moved in the right direction for me, so it makes me feel more confident. Mine will be the very first Q7 my dealer will see since Audi bumped their demo for my order.

I guess I'll have to camp out at the dealer to make sure they don't let anyone else drive it... LOL
Old 04-11-2006, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Condor Grey with Cardamon Beige Cricket Leather......

Sounds great! Did your dealer mention anything about adaptive cruise? Or did it even come-up? Again congratulations on your choices, the Condor Grey is beautiful and changes it's hue with different lighting....a wonderful exterior color. Summer tires? Where do you live?

Mike
Old 04-11-2006, 02:48 PM

Default Re: when did you order yours? and what's your original prod date?

My dealer was able to give me a complete breakdown of production date, date ship sails, date vessel arrives, and how long it will take the vehicle to move from port to the dealer. It is a copy of Audi's internal vehicle order. It is being made this week and I will get it mid June.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Looking forward to your review. Good news.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

that;s what i was asking about i ordered mine 3/11, my prod date is 5/8
Old 04-11-2006, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Condor Grey with Cardamon Beige Cricket Leather......

Dealer did not mention adaptive cruise, and it was not on the options list at the time I ordered. I knew it was coming, and what it's supposed to do, but being a Brit, I still don't use cruise very much as I find it makes me less attentive to what's going on around me. I've not seen Condor Grey in the flesh but it sure looks good in photos.

I live in Raleigh, NC and we don't see much in the way of low temps or snow. I had performance summer tyres on my 2004 S4 and even with that level of performance it was never really an issue at all for 99% of the year. So for that 1% I drive a little more carefully. I prefer the greater grip even at the expense of tyre-wear.

Quick Reply: Updated Delivery Date