Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

V12 TDI entertainment system.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V12 TDI entertainment system.....

I know there are several threads about rear seat entertainment systems, but I had to throw this one out there. I've visited Audi in Neckarsulm several times to look for accessories for my still to be seen V8 FSI and saw these headrests on the V12 TDI model. Does anyone, including you Europrice rep, know how to get their hands on these? These are PERFECT!!! They've got everything built right in! The wiring goes right to the head unit - wiring hidden in the seat backs. The DVD changer is in the spare tire compartment. The fronts of the headrests can be adjusted (pulled) to keep your head still - like on BMWs.....

You know whats really friggin odd??? all of the writing on units is in ENGLISH!!!!!! These seem to be US sourced headsets, formatted for Region 2/PAL and installed at the factory in Bratislava.
Attached Images   
Old 03-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It looks like a custom job to me.

Im in america, and every auto sound shop can do something like that. They take a set of monitors, and mount them into existing headrests. They might have gotten headrests from another vehicle to fit, that have the adjustable front part.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:43 AM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wpb2
It looks like a custom job to me.

Im in america, and every auto sound shop can do something like that. They take a set of monitors, and mount them into existing headrests. They might have gotten headrests from another vehicle to fit, that have the adjustable front part.
NO, this is the optional OEM set up in the European 4.2 TDI Q7, note it also has the fold down trays in the backs of the front seats.

I really wanted this whole set up in my 4.2 fsi, but it was one of the few options I could not get in the U.S.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm sure you can get one installed, if you can get a set imported. Any clue about part numbers?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 AM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

I'm sure you can get one installed, if you can get a set imported. Any clue about part numbers?
True...but if you wanted the whole package, then you would need to get the entire front seat assembly to enjoy the fold out trays.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your right. I really don't need the trays, I would never use them (driver) lol. I just want the monitors for my girls.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default It's an Audi Exclusive option

I was very close to ordering these headrests in my 3.0 TDI but decided against it b/c it's a $6400 Audi exclusive option and I think that requires an additional $1200 fee for anything that is not exclusive paint. I could not justify $7600 for a factory installed RSE system like i have standard in my W12, so i will most likely do the Invision system or something similar. No doubt we definitely get screwed spec wise here in the States.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm based in Germany so getting the parts is not an issue. While at Audi in Neckarsulm, the sales/showman told me I could get them ordered - for 10k euro. He tried to tell me the cost includes labor. Labor was removing the backs of the seats, the dash and a lot of carpet. The DVD player was located in the spare tire compartment...lots of damn cables in there (he took it apart to show me). He also told me to skip the installation and head over to another shop down the road in Stuttgart that can do the same for half the cost...some dude that has won several competitions...

I'm gonna wait and see...I'd just like to see my car show up...
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Get 2 iPADs and put all your movies on them. Much cheaper. :-)

-ThinkMac-
Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ithinkmac
Get 2 iPADs and put all your movies on them. Much cheaper. :-)

-ThinkMac-
LOL...and in an accident, they would make great projectiles....

Quick Reply: V12 TDI entertainment system.....