Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

water accumulation in driver's side door

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default water accumulation in driver's side door

Has anyone noticed a decent amount of water that accumulates in the door after it rains? When i wash the car there is some water that collects and drips down when you open the door just below the weather stripping i believe. after Irene, a good 1/2 gallon poured down..thoughts?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same thing after Irene on the rear passenger side. To be clear, the carpet inside is bone dry, but it seems to accumulate on the sill between the weather strip seal and the outside door edge. Weird.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Santorin Drm pig pal
I had the same thing after Irene on the rear passenger side. To be clear, the carpet inside is bone dry, but it seems to accumulate on the sill between the weather strip seal and the outside door edge. Weird.
Interesting. Mine never had this issue UNTIL it was hit on the passenger rear and repaired. Now that door only will accumulate water in a storm. No water inside as you said. Just falls to the ground when it is opened. I figured the door just needed adjusting.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Same here. Also noticed that the rear passenger door always seems to accumulate more dirt and grime than the other 3 doors. And before someone asks all 4 doors are used almost every day due to me having two kids
Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chickdr
Interesting. Mine never had this issue UNTIL it was hit on the passenger rear and repaired. Now that door only will accumulate water in a storm. No water inside as you said. Just falls to the ground when it is opened. I figured the door just needed adjusting.
hi Happy New Year. I know this is an old.post but just wondering how did it go with your door collecting rain water.
i also didnt have any problems until i hit the rear passenger door then repaired new door now after it rains water accumulates nothing on the floor until i open the door just falls to the ground. You mentioned the door needed adjustment. Did you adjusted the door? Did it.work?
this is driving me crazy lol. Please let me know. Thanks.