Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

What to Expect off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to Expect off MSRP

I am currently negotiating on a new 2013 Q7 S Line Prestige. Wondering what I should expect versus invoice and MSRP. I am also wondering if the new upcoming model should yield a better deal on the '13. Thoughts?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No idea what kinda discount to expect. I suspect here in the NE not much of a deal can be gotten, nothing extreme at least. Stock seems low. I am about to pull the trigger and looks like leases will be better on the 14 than the 13.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You should not expect any additional discounts on MY13 just because of the new model which probably won't be till MY15. Reason - You will not be the only one looking for a "deal" in MY13 cars and therefore the demand will be just a high if not higher. Join the Audi Club and get 6% off - read the terms and conditions to qualify.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Even Edmunds so called "Fair Purchase Price" is only about $800 off sticker & I take that with a real grain of salt depending on where you are & how much they are in demand in you area.
Here in the Chicago suburbs, my dealer had 11 2013 Q7's available, now he has none. I'm just lucky that he's holding the one I picked out for me while I hassle with Ally Leasing trying to buy my current Escalade off its lease to trade in.
The Audi Owner's Club discount appears to be a good deal but you have to be a member for 6 months before you qualify. I am getting a $1500 "brand loyalty" discount since we bought two new 2013 Audis at the same time (the Q & a TTS). I believe that discount is a current promotion for current Audi owners.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
You should not expect any additional discounts on MY13 just because of the new model which probably won't be till MY15. Reason - You will not be the only one looking for a "deal" in MY13 cars and therefore the demand will be just a high if not higher. Join the Audi Club and get 6% off - read the terms and conditions to qualify.
Do we have any info on them staying strict with the 6 month membership requirement? I'd join but I am not going to be waiting 6 months to buy.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In the past, ACNA was offering a limited time promo that they waive the 6-month waiting period if one signs up for 3 years. That promo was to earn a $500 check compliments of AoA. With the 6% discount which is a lot more than the $500 check, I cannot speculate the possibilities.

6 months really isn't that long if the savings are in the thousands.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

In the past, ACNA was offering a limited time promo that they waive the 6-month waiting period if one signs up for 3 years. That promo was to earn a $500 check compliments of AoA. With the 6% discount which is a lot more than the $500 check, I cannot speculate the possibilities.

I just joined last night so if anyone hears that there might be an exception to the 6 month requirement I'd be interested to hear. I've already done the deal on the TTS but the Q7 is pending
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You are a far more patient man than I.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was trying to purchase a new one earlier this year and the dealers weren't budging. Best I found was a dealer willing to take $1k off a Q7 that had been on their lot for a bit, but the options weren't exactly what I wanted so I opted for a low mileage CPO that was perfect and saved a bundle, especially considering it had Audi Care and the extended warranty. I got lucky.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am leveraging my audi supplier discount and my 1500 discount in audi loyalty as i have 6 months left on my Q5 lease.

What i found on my 2010 Q5 when i was leasing it and now getting the q7 is that you can play with the other stuff more than the actual price of the car.

On the Q5 i was trading in a highlander i owned. I quickly turned to negotiation the trade in value as opposed to MSRP. I didnt care if the money came off the MSRP or from an increase in trade in value. Right now with Q7 i am using the Q5 equity. I leased with a 10k mile per year limit. I am 34 months in and only 25k miles. So they can take my car, pay off the lease and sell it for a profit right now.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: What to Expect off MSRP