Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

What if I sell my Q7 TDI now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What if I sell my Q7 TDI now?

I have a Q7 TDI that I'm ready to move on from, but I'm not sure what will happen to the second half of my pay out if I sell the vehicle now. I have already claimed the first half of the Audi settlement, so will I receive half of the second half from Audi and half of the Bosch settlement if I sell now?

Last edited by rye_a; 09-09-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

Nope, sell it now and you wont get another Dollar.. The next owner will qualify for the 2nd half of the settlement.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Nope, sell it now and you wont get another Dollar.. The next owner will qualify for the 2nd half of the settlement.
Not entirely true. They will get $750 of the $1500 in Bosch money.

Grey
Old 09-11-2017, 05:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I HATE Audi/VAG. They are showing their shortsighted true colors by pushing a resolution off as far as possible, and holding their customers hostage in the meantime. I would normally Move on from my Q7 and walk away from some money on principle, but when the value of my tainted vehicle is $26-28k (when models a year older are getting well over $30k tax free plus payout in a buyout), I have a very hard time walking away from the second half of the settlement that represents 20% of my vehicle's value.

Audi/VAG have lost this customer for life, and my kids will never buy one of their vehicles if they will listen to me (they probably won't).

Last edited by rye_a; 09-11-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Go take a long walk off a short dock; Volkswagen/Audi did nothing to you yeh greedy lil troll... You just want money you dont deserve.

Sell your car, nobody's putting a gun to your head.. Do it, goodbye and goodridens.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go take a long walk off a short dock; Volkswagen/Audi did nothing to you yeh greedy lil troll... You just want money you dont deserve.

Sell your car, nobody's putting a gun to your head.. Do it, goodbye and goodridens.
Funny stuff, fanboy. Nothing wrong...Let's see:
  • They admittedly fraudulently misstated the efficiency of their vehicles and knowingly manipulated software to support their claim.
  • The result of their fraud is significantly reduced value of a high end product to their customers, and as evidenced by the gap between the 2012 buy-back value and Gen 2 market value + settlement, Audi/VAG is not covering all damages to gen 2 customers.
  • Now, rather than treating their (previously) loyal customers with respect, Audi/VAG is delaying paying court ordered damages to their customers until they absolutely need to do so. This might benefit them in the short term, but the long term cost will be in reduced customer loyalty.

So, internet tough guy, Audi/VAG has done a LOT wrong to me and to others. We're talking about a car brand here that you're so loyal to that you can't admit their shortcomings, so maybe you should get your Audi/Vag panties out of a twist.

Last edited by rye_a; 09-11-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

your vehicle today is just as efficient as the day you bought it.. they cheated FOR you to give YOU the car YOU wanted but the EPA would not let YOU have.. Nobody is forcing you to take the fix, you can keep the car you purchased as you bought it.. but you want the damn money right?

2012 Buyback value is fixed 2 years in the past (September 2015), today's values are today's values and they are actually quite sane and reasonable given an additional +2 years of depreciation.. Hate to break it to yeh but if #dieslegate never happened your vehicle would likely be worth even less than the current market value, Gen2's are still quite in demand as it'll be the last TDI SUV to ever land in the US and thats holding the premium on diesels up higher than it would be otherwise.

Volkswagen/Audi have no say over when the fixes are released; EPA is not taking their word for **** anymore.. they submitted the fixes back in April, if your pissed at the delay be pissed at the EPA for taking so long to test, verify and approve it.

I'm not the one with my panties all twisted up here..

Last edited by dreadlocks; 09-11-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

your vehicle today is just as efficient as the day you bought it.. they cheated FOR you to give YOU the car YOU wanted but the EPA would not let YOU have.. Nobody is forcing you to take the fix, you can keep the car you purchased as you bought it.. but you want the damn money right?

2012 Buyback value is fixed 2 years in the past (September 2015), today's values are today's values and they are actually quite sane and reasonable given an additional +2 years of depreciation.

Volkswagen/Audi have no say over when the fixes are released; EPA is not taking their word for **** anymore.. they submitted the fixes back in April, if your pissed at the delay be pissed at the EPA for taking so long to test, verify and approve it.

I'm not the one with my panties all twisted up here..
In all honesty, I'm not terribly concerned with the efficiency. what I am concerned about is the fraud on the part of Audi that led to significant loss in value to Gen 2 owners. The idea it is OK to leave Gen 2 owners holding the bag in the form of significantly lower market value due to Audi's fraud, while Gen 1 owners are receiving thousands of dollars more (truly representative of the pre-crime value) is laughable.

Like I said, some people are so myopic when it comes to brand loyalty that they can't see the damage done even when a court of law can. Anyway, you have every right to keep loving Audi, even when they've proven themselves willing to screw their customers.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You need to stop giving a **** about what Gen1 owners are getting; Do you not understand how deprecation works? If its so much more accelerated for the TDI's how come the non-TDI's that were never affected by this 'fraud' also deprecated more? Go look at market values of the Gassers, guess what Diesels are still worth far more than the gas equivalent.. if what you are saying was true this would be reversed.

Cars are not investments, your upset that Gen1 owners got a supprise and got to drive the car for over 2+ years without worrying about deprecation.. but if #dieslegate woulda never happned the'd of never got that golden oprotunity.. you dont qualify, sucks to be you.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

2012 Buyback value is fixed 2 years in the past (September 2015), today's values are today's values and they are actually quite sane and reasonable given an additional +2 years of depreciation.. Hate to break it to yeh but if #dieslegate never happened your vehicle would likely be worth even less than the current market value, Gen2's are still quite in demand as it'll be the last TDI SUV to ever land in the US and thats holding the premium on diesels up higher than it would be otherwise.
Exactly... The market right now is primed for you to sell and get a premium due to shortage. If you want to talk about depreciation wait to see if they get a fix in place and start re-releasing the buybacks.

Depending on your year and mileage Rye, you're being very shortsighted. Look at a competitor company and see how much their older models are selling for... Hell even take a look at the gas Q7's..

Quick Reply: What if I sell my Q7 TDI now?