Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

what was your experience like at the dealership on delivery day?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 285 Likes on 205 Posts

My experience was good. F&I tried to sell me many things, I said no to everything, zero pressure to buy.

I was impressed that they waxed and detailed my Q7 and A5 before delivery. I've purchased about 30 new cars, and never had that done.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
SC9
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The delivery of our 2011 last year took way longer than it should have and I absolutely hate that fact. No matter how hard I try to avoid the long delivery, it always happens. Anyway, once things were close to being done, we started transferring the car seats from our trade in. Unbeknownst to us, the salesman placed all the keys on the front seat and when we put our 2 year old in the car, closed the door to walk around to the other side, he promptly locked it from the back seat. It was kind of funny to watch a swarm of salesman try and get my son to unlock the car from the inside. I was not worried because it was not warm outside, and I knew he would eventually press the right button but it was fun to make comments like "Just call Onstar and have them unlock it."
Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

well my delivery day went smoothly although it took about 2hrs. however the sales pitch(?) was literally about 15mins of that. the finance lady quickly ran down extended warr then gap insurance and lastly mentioned but tried to talk me OUT OF buying tire/wheel coverage...lol

after that 15mins she got up and went to finalize the paperwork and then my sales guy sat down and asked me if i wanted Audi care. that was it. no mention of clear bras, or int/ext coating, etc,... when she came back i actually asked the finance lady if she offered a 3M/ventureshield option and she said no but they were looking into something like that in the future. she said i would have to have that done someplace else

the rest of the time was the sales guy going over the car with the wife. overall a very satisfying buying experience and i would recommend this salesman to anyone
Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default VERY Unpleasant Delivery Experience

My delivery took way longer than it should have. Even though I was paying cash (personal check) for a car I had ordered 3 months earlier, they tried to insist that I had to complete a Credit Application complete with Social Security Number.

I refused and threatened to walk out on the deal. It took phone calls to upper management and a lot of going back and forth before we reached another grudgingly acceptable compromise.

By the time that was all said and done, the delivering salesman was too busy with a walk-in prospective customer to show me anything about the car; so I just hopped in and left.

Probably one of the worst new car buying experiences ever. I've purchased a lot of cars by check with much higher MSRP's, and never experienced this kind of the Credit App/Social Security Number nonsense before.

Obviously, I won't go back.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

My dealer insisted on bank check and these days I really can't blame them. Therefore no credit applications, etc. My salesman was quite thorough going through the vehicle, but they were pretty quiet that day.

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
My delivery took way longer than it should have. Even though I was paying cash (personal check) for a car I had ordered 3 months earlier, they tried to insist that I had to complete a Credit Application complete with Social Security Number.

I refused and threatened to walk out on the deal. It took phone calls to upper management and a lot of going back and forth before we reached another grudgingly acceptable compromise.

By the time that was all said and done, the delivering salesman was too busy with a walk-in prospective customer to show me anything about the car; so I just hopped in and left.

Probably one of the worst new car buying experiences ever. I've purchased a lot of cars by check with much higher MSRP's, and never experienced this kind of the Credit App/Social Security Number nonsense before.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey52
My dealer insisted on bank check and these days I really can't blame them. Therefore no credit applications, etc. My salesman was quite thorough going through the vehicle, but they were pretty quiet that day.
The Mercedes-Benz dealer and the Porsche dealer did not require this for much more expensive vehicles.

The big gripe was that, even though the car had been on order with a deposit for over 3 months, they was no advance warning of this nonsense. If there would have been, they would have been paid with cash money.

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 06-29-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta

My dealer tried all that BS as well,asking for all the credit info even tho it was a straight cash sale, and even trying to get names of relatives!!! needless to say they got nothing. Used a bank check at pick-up, no big deal as it took all of 5 minutes to get that. Otherwise, just signing and notarizing of all the paperwork when they delivered it. Salesman went through any of the stuff I wanted to know about. (Oh, and they didn't check teh paperwork too well, I mistakenly gave them the title for my utility trailer rather than the one for my old Q, and they didn't notice!! )