Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Wheel damage

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2018, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Wheel damage

I just had Perelli all seasons put on a couple weeks ago and it had been snowing, raining, wet, dirty ever since.
I just cleaned my wheels and found they good the crap out of a wheel, non curb side thankfully.
I have contacted them but do not have the time to run over the now. He said he would raise a look and I will let you know how it turns out with update.
have you had this issue, ever?
First time with wheel, but in the past I watched a working beat a plastic center cap on my firebird and broke it. They gave me twice what I replaced it for in cash.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you 100% sure it was them? Any chance you could have done it in a car wash?

I had a car wash rash up my pristine BMW M3 CSL wheels and the car wash wouldn't do anything. I reported them to the better business bureau and claimed it on insurance. They deal with car wash. The thing they pointed out right away was that it was
the street side and not curb and they markings are not similar to curbing.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh been there. 3 years ago I put a new set of factory wheels on my BMW M5 and one of the tires kept going down over night. So I took of the tire and rim which had not seen any road use and it was determined that the new tire was defective and would be replaced. Well when the replacement tire for the new one was put on lets just say that the Discount Tire Tech did not have adequate experience to handle the change. He came out of the shop and said my tire was ready and that I should back up the vehicle to door and he would place it in my SUV. I get back home to pull out the wheel which is face down by the way (the way the tech put it in the car) and turn it over to find the aluminum on parts of the rim beat up. I was livid. I went right back to the Discount Tire and showed them the wheel and because these wheels were new they had to replace my wheel. So $650 later at the expense of Discount tire I got another new whee from Germany. That Tech should have been fired because he knew that he beat that tire on while damaging the rim.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by not2fast
Are you 100% sure it was them? Any chance you could have done it in a car wash?

I had a car wash rash up my pristine BMW M3 CSL wheels and the car wash wouldn't do anything. I reported them to the better business bureau and claimed it on insurance. They deal with car wash. The thing they pointed out right away was that it was
the street side and not curb and they markings are not similar to curbing.
Positive!
CURB RASH (I did this one mistaking it for snow/ice, which was hiding it)

NOT CURB - NON CURB SIDE

NOT CURB - NON CURB SIDE