Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Who else is now thinking Q7 with the TDI

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else is now thinking Q7 with the TDI

We were all audi a up to 2006. Switched to Lex and don't regret. Always waiting for Audi CuServ to come into the 21st century. We now need a larger vehicle and the Q7 diesel seems to have all the right pieces with the redesign.

Anyone else starting to feel the audi mojo with this model?

B

p.s. Wish JET the best.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

thinking about it.. but probably not till fall or early 2010
Old 04-26-2009, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I test drove one yesterday and placed my order for the 2010 TDI. I understand that they begin building in June, with delivery in August or so. I was really impressed with how it drove. It is totally different from a gas engine as would be expected. You normally stomp on the pedal with a gas engine and feel the torque build as the engine happily revs to redline (6-7K rpm or so)...lots of noise and activity. With the TDI, there is no drama....the torque comes on strong with very little noise and the shifting occuring at "strange" times, since the engine revs stay in a very narrow band (3-4800 rpm or so). It takes some getting used to, but I like it. I particularly liked the fuel mileage. With all my fooling around, I was getting around 24mpg. The engine is very quiet...it cruised at 80 mph and my wife thought we were going 50.

Again, very impressed. The 2010 model is also significantly upgraded, not only cosmetically but also with a much improved MMI.

My Order:

2010 Q7 TDI
Prestige Package
Towing Package
Cold Weather Package (Chicago!)
Air Suspension
Delete: Sunroof

Mike
Old 04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Make sure you get the facelift Q7, I know you are mentioning it, but it can be tricky during the transition period. If I was going to get a new Q7 I would get the TDI. I love our 2007 (05/2006 production) 4.2, but I will envy the new look (LEDs, 3G MMI, hopefully the integrated rear entertainment Audi headrest system).
Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 PM

Thought about it so much, I brought one home yesterday.Luv it
Old 04-27-2009, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the first US TDI to hit this forum! Its been a long wait.
I prefer that S-Line front end to the 2010 replacement.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sure about air suspension?

Originally Posted by mikemdd
I test drove one yesterday and placed my order for the 2010 TDI. I understand that they begin building in June, with delivery in August or so. I was really impressed with how it drove. It is totally different from a gas engine as would be expected. You normally stomp on the pedal with a gas engine and feel the torque build as the engine happily revs to redline (6-7K rpm or so)...lots of noise and activity. With the TDI, there is no drama....the torque comes on strong with very little noise and the shifting occuring at "strange" times, since the engine revs stay in a very narrow band (3-4800 rpm or so). It takes some getting used to, but I like it. I particularly liked the fuel mileage. With all my fooling around, I was getting around 24mpg. The engine is very quiet...it cruised at 80 mph and my wife thought we were going 50.

Again, very impressed. The 2010 model is also significantly upgraded, not only cosmetically but also with a much improved MMI.

My Order:

2010 Q7 TDI
Prestige Package
Towing Package
Cold Weather Package (Chicago!)
Air Suspension
Delete: Sunroof

Mike
are you sure air suspension is available on the tdi? thought it was not.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pagpc
are you sure air suspension is available on the tdi? thought it was not.
Adaptive air suspension is a stand-alone option for the 2010 TDI.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Pete!!! You got rid of the S5?!? WOW. Congrats on the TDI. I'm really liking it so far. VERY smooth and quiet, more so than both gas engines. You can feel the weight of the engine turning that's for sure. To me it is the right set up on the Q7.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm a salesman for an Audi Dealer. I can not express to you how much I am in love with this particular car. I've had the luxury of selling and driving many beautiful cars...this, by far, is the most impressive considering the technology behind it. Breathtaking!!!

Signed,

Impressed Car Salesman

Quick Reply: Who else is now thinking Q7 with the TDI