Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Would you buy another Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you buy another Q7?

Hey all, My wife is currently trying to decide between a Q7 and an Acura MDX. While we love my new A6, she's coming off a bad experience with Volvo and that's leaning her back towards a Japanese Car. Anyone with experience with the 2 care to compare?
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cut68
Hey all, My wife is currently trying to decide between a Q7 and an Acura MDX. While we love my new A6, she's coming off a bad experience with Volvo and that's leaning her back towards a Japanese Car. Anyone with experience with the 2 care to compare?
Purely subjective of course since I have the Q7 (owned the X5) but no personal experience with the MDX ....

1. I love the exterior lines of the Q7 including the DRL LEDs and tail lights
2. I love the interior design of the Q7, one of the best in German brands.
3. I love the ride in German cars. Japanese cars are too mushy for me.
4. I love the service department which always helps decide to buy my next Audi.
5. Caveat - German cars can be just as reliable as Japanese brands but reliability is not my #1 top priority.

Ultimately, if she is the primary driver, she needs to be comfortable with her purchase. Good luck and let us know what she decides to buy.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

One more thing ... would I buy another Q7 was your question.

I won't know until I drive my current Q7 TDI till there are serious issues or I see another nicer car. Have to keep these manufacturers on their toes. lol
Old 12-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Going to see my Audi salesman in about an hour and then on to the Acura Dealership. She cleaned out her car yesterday (which She hasn't done in years) so I'm thinking she's ready to pull the trigger.

I will not be surprised if, by lunch time, she turns around and says she wants a Toyota 4runner, just because she trusts them more. My wife only drives about 8 miles a day, so she's usually not that picky. She just doesn't want any warning lights to come on. Her Volvo is a 2011 and has spent 7 weeks at the service dept. in less then 2 years.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

As long as she is happy is what matters.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Going to see my Audi salesman in about an hour and then on to the Acura Dealership. She cleaned out her car yesterday (which She hasn't done in years) so I'm thinking she's ready to pull the trigger.

I will not be surprised if, by lunch time, she turns around and says she wants a Toyota 4runner, just because she trusts them more. My wife only drives about 8 miles a day, so she's usually not that picky. She just doesn't want any warning lights to come on. Her Volvo is a 2011 and has spent 7 weeks at the service dept. in less then 2 years.
I moved from MDX to Q7. MDX was nice vehicle, but the Q7 is just another level. At present time, if given the choice I would get another Q7 over an MDX.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So we just had time to test drive them both, both dealers are calling me with numbers. She loved the Q S-line, felt the regular 3.0 was underpowered. She's having trouble getting over the 14K difference in price though. On another note, on the Volvo we are trading in, they had to replace a cylinder Head (Under warranty) The car is still under warranty for another years - 25K miles.......It shows up on carfax, how much will they hold that against me on trade in?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So we just had time to test drive them both, both dealers are calling me with numbers. She loved the Q S-line, felt the regular 3.0 was underpowered. She's having trouble getting over the 14K difference in price though. On another note, on the Volvo we are trading in, they had to replace a cylinder Head (Under warranty) The car is still under warranty for another years - 25K miles.......It shows up on carfax, how much will they hold that against me on trade in?
Unless the Volvo was in some major accident, warranty repairs should not affect the trade-in price too much. I maybe be wrong and welcome fellow members to chime in. Keep in mind that dealers look at Kelley Black (not Blue) book and will start at the bottom of the range.

So in case you are not too disappointed, be prepared to research that range first to see how much more you can get. But I would negotiate the Q7 price first and bring up the trade-in later.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

We had a similar decision to make a little over a year ago. We were looking at a new MDX. I thought the MDX was a nice car and drove well, the kind that you could drive all day long. However, it didn't have that 'driver's car' feel that the German made Audi had. I liked the navigation and controls in the MDX, seemed very advanced. We went for the Audi as it is a bigger vehicle. The 3rd rows on each don't really compare. The Audi's 3rd row is larger.

It comes down to what she likes - you know that...
Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Final verdict appears to be the MDX. They gave us over blue book on the Volvo and 12% off the Sticker, which puts it about 20K less than the Prestige she liked.

Quick Reply: Would you buy another Q7?