Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

WTF!!! My Q7 was stolen before I even got to drive it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Force-1 yes .. correct it's not the dealers fault, but it deffinetly ain't the buyers fault!
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seams like your Q is now evidence. Hopefully you get some kind of compensation for your further wait i.e. throw in AudiCare for free etc
Old 01-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 285 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by drcyrus3d
@Force-1 yes .. correct it's not the dealers fault, but it deffinetly ain't the buyers fault!
Agree.

If I ordered a custom grill from XYZ, it's shipped UPS, and UPS loses it, not my fault. Should I expect XYZ to discount the replacement grill?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Force-1
Agree.

If I ordered a custom grill from XYZ, it's shipped UPS, and UPS loses it, not my fault. Should I expect XYZ to discount the replacement grill?
Come on you can't compare a 50k car with a grill and a 90 day delivery time with a 2-3 days

Even in the scenario you described, UPS insures your package against theft or loss so XYZ will get it's money for the product (and i believe there is some damage money too, as in damage to the image of the company) from an insurance company. You can probably work out a discount or maybe get a coupon from XYZ for any next purchases.

I do believe for his extended wait he can go into the dealer and at least work out an Audi Care for free.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:13 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 285 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by drcyrus3d
Come on you can't compare a 50k car with a grill and a 90 day delivery time with a 2-3 days

Even in the scenario you described, UPS insures your package against theft or loss so XYZ will get it's money for the product (and i believe there is some damage money too, as in damage to the image of the company) from an insurance company. You can probably work out a discount or maybe get a coupon from XYZ for any next purchases.

I do believe for his extended wait he can go into the dealer and at least work out an Audi Care for free.
I'm not saying it's wrong for him to ask, and it would be a good customer relations move to give him something. I just have an issue with some saying Audi owes him some sort of compensation, when this is not their fault.

Maybe it's just me, but I would never even think of asking Audi (or XYZ) for any compensation, knowing it's not their fault. I would graciously accept something if they offered it to me though.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Im sure audi will be doing something.. Especially since the dealer knows Im planning on ordering a S5 cab this year too. I think they want to sort out what happens next before they proceed. The dealer is going to have someone from Audi call me either way to explain what is going on.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

when you buy a new car, you expect the processes behind the scenes to be managed without incident.

regardless if it is a 3rd party issue, Audi is responsible for managaing their relationships, including doing due diligence with their vendors, transport providers, to assure they are financial viable, and have quality processes in place (such as safety procedures in transport- including route selection, off-duty storage).

That's why shippers "de-select" carriers, if issue like this arise.

We don't deal with the carrier- we deal with Audi. However, Audi has now been linked to this issue, even though they were not the carrier. They do not want to be associated with this in any negative way; nor would i if that were me. That's also why some shippers do NOT like having their logos on the side of trailers in a dedicated business with a 3rd party carrier- it may be free advertising, but it is a major PR risk should that truck plow into a school bus.

even if there was absolutely nothing done to those cars, they're "tainted goods," and will always have a blemish on them.

I somewhat agree that asking for something might be awkward, but also agree that if they offered some goodwill, i would accept.

Last edited by IAS5; 01-26-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agreed. Well said
Originally Posted by IAS5
when you buy a new car, you expect the processes behind the scenes to be managed without incident.

regardless if it is a 3rd party issue, Audi is responsible for managaing their relationships, including doing due diligence with their vendors, transport providers, to assure they are financial viable, and have quality processes in place (such as safety procedures in transport- including route selection, off-duty storage).

That's why shippers "de-select" carriers, if issue like this arise.

We don't deal with the carrier- we deal with Audi. However, Audi has now been linked to this issue, even though they were not the carrier. They do not want to be associated with this in any negative way; nor would i if that were me. That's also why some shippers do NOT like having their logos on the side of trailers in a dedicated business with a 3rd party carrier- it may be free advertising, but it is a major PR risk should that truck plow into a school bus.

even if there was absolutely nothing doen to those cars, they're tainted goods, and will always have a blemish on them.

I somewhat agree that asking for something might be awkward, but also agree that if they offered some goodwill, i would accept.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates??
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

audi is building me a new one. wont be here until april. No word as to what if anything they may be doing for me for my time and inconvenience.

Quick Reply: WTF!!! My Q7 was stolen before I even got to drive it!