Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billsfan
I just had the front pads replaced under one of the technical service bulletins. That seemed to fix the issue. Time will tell however
I did as well, but the noise came back. Today I just had another set of pads plus rotors in the front replaced. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

noise is back for ours too
Old 07-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

I'm blessed - 16 months and zero squeal.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My car has 22k and no noise. The only times I had some squeaky noise when backing out from my garage if I washed the car the day before. I could see some rust on the brake pads the following day after washing the car. However I think the car made the noise after ~15k. I don’t remember hearing squeaky noise after a car wash before.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Need some advice.

My brakes always squealed extremely loud during colder months when reversing out of my garage/driveway. Its August right now and they don't do it.

My car just hit 30K miles and my "break pad have reached wear limit" warning just went on yesterday.

Will they still cover the pads under the TSB? Im guessing since they wont be able to replicate the noise in the summer they wont. And perhaps that my pads are already warn, will give them another reason not to.

Thoughts on how i can still get them to cover under the TSB?

Maybe i just wait til the months get colder, but how long can i drive with that pad wear warning already having occured?

Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2019, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Im curious as to why you didn't take it in when they was squealing bad? Mine started about 16K miles and finally they fixed them when the right service advisor spoke up and corrected the kid I had. But you can try and if you have a good service advisor might pull it off. Good luck and let me know how it went...
Old 08-23-2019, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Some people have reported the the TSB has a stipulation of brake pad thickness remaining, but I don't know if that is true. The PDF linked in post #447 does not have an exclusion for that (or I missed it if it does). The TSB also mentions the need for a second spring to be installed in the caliper. I'd also try and discuss it with your adviser. Worst case, I'd say: "Well, it's a known issue and a second spring needs to be installed. How about I cover the cost of the pads (since I'm in need of new ones anyway), and you cover the labor and springs as part of the TSB"....
Old 08-23-2019, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

#448, above looks like a updated bulletin and he had his brakes done @25K miles...sounds like you have a bad service advisor. They do act like it comes out of there pocket when you spent all the money to keep them in a job....ask for a district rep...
Old 08-23-2019, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johncolts54
Im curious as to why you didn't take it in when they was squealing bad? Mine started about 16K miles and finally they fixed them when the right service advisor spoke up and corrected the kid I had. But you can try and if you have a good service advisor might pull it off. Good luck and let me know how it went...
honestly brake noise didnt seem like the kind of thing i imagined a dealer would care about or cover so i just lived with it.

I took it in for sunroof rattling and they said it is what it is even after showing the TSB on that. So they arent exactly the kind of dealer that gives a damn. But as far as the breaks, thats on me for not having taken it in the winter (when its noisy) and before the pads were worn.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Post #448 above refers to anther bulletin about brakes and he had 25K and replaced his...

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 BRAKE ISSUES, NO FIX IN SIGHT