Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2022 Apple CarPlay Issues - Looking for Tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2022 Q5 MMI Wireless CarPlay issues

Despite the fact that my engine seized up under the recall this past Friday on the Q5...I loved the car...my ONLY complaint before the engine blowing up was the MMI system...It would randomly cut out especially in a certain area of the city (oddly enough by the dealership). I was told that on the same day as the recall they did receive a bulletin about possible issues on with emoticons in the contact area of your phone ( I use an iPhone, latest software, etc). They told me to remove those and then do a reset of the system...I did that and nothing. When my engine seized up (less than 2,500 miles on the car) and they gave me another one to drive it's MMI is having the same issues...so I was told they will also replace my MMI system along with my engine. Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Fstults
I have a 2018 Audi A4 and have had frustrating connectivity issues with my iPhone via USB cable with CarPlay. 80% of the time it works fine. But 10% of the time the system says to use CarPlay, connect a smartphone. Usually by unplugging the phone and plugging it back in several times I can get it to connect. The other 10% of the time, it connects successfully, but the screen goes completely blank and then comes on and off every few seconds. In this case it appears to go blank when my speed falls below 20mph and returns to normal when my speed increases above 20mph. This has been consistently happening with multiple phones and multiple cables. My phone connects normally in my wife’s Audi Q5. The dealer’s mechanics have been no help as the computer says there are no faults. Anyone have any ideas?
Are you using an Apple lightning cable or another brand? If it's not Apple, is it Apple certified? It would have a "Made for iPhone" label on the box if it were certified. Cheap cables can cause all sorts of problems. I'd try first with an Apple Original cable and see if that solves your problem.