Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2022 Door ambient lights stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 Door ambient lights stopped working

Hi All,

We got our 22 Q7 about a month ago. Just noticed that the ambient lights all of a sudden stopped working on our doors. Both front and back. I'm thinking it's somewhat a setting, because when i start the car up, the door lights turns red for a few seconds than it turns off.

Is there a setting somewhere i must have enabled to disable this? When I'm in the MMI and goto the vehicle > Lighting > Interior lighting to manage the light colors, brightness, etc, and everything looks correct. Also, the center console area light strip and the area by glovebox has the lights on and working. it's just the doors.

Has anyone seen this?
Old 02-12-2022, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 812 Likes on 620 Posts

If you have everything set correctly in the MMI settings in the ambient lighting section and the door lighting is not on, it may be a malfunction.
The stripes that light up red in the doors for a few seconds are a confirmation that the Exit Warning function has been activated. It is realized by additional LEDs and works independently.
Before you go to the dealer double check in owners manual that you do everything with ambient settings correctly. There are many possible settings.
Old 02-13-2022, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm curios, is there even a setting to disable the ambient lighting on the doors? If so where would that be?

I can confirm the ambient lighting does turn on on the center console and above the glovebox where the quattro logo is.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chi2938
I'm curios, is there even a setting to disable the ambient lighting on the doors? If so where would that be?

I can confirm the ambient lighting does turn on on the center console and above the glovebox where the quattro logo is.
I am assuming that you have contour ambient lighting and you have played with different settings. In such a case I am afraid that this is the malfunction of this ambient lighting.
PS. Is your quattro logo illuminated or there is only the light above the center console?
Old 02-13-2022, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by retom
I am assuming that you have contour ambient lighting and you have played with different settings. In such a case I am afraid that this is the malfunction of this ambient lighting.
PS. Is your quattro logo illuminated or there is only the light above the center console?
Yes, the Quattro logo lights up. I do have the exec pkg which includes the Contour/Ambient LED interior lighting package.

Looks like need to schedule with service center. I find it odd though, because the LED lights do come on for 3/5secs when I start car and when I lock it after exiting. So it's not like fuse is burnt out or anything. Scratching my head.

Here is a picture I found. So all lights turn on with exception of the door;

Last edited by Chi2938; 02-13-2022 at 08:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SergiuG (07-05-2024)
Old 02-13-2022, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, the Quattro logo lights up. I do have the exec pkg which includes the Contour/Ambient LED interior lighting package.

Looks like need to schedule with service center. I find it odd though, because the LED lights do come on for 3/5secs when I start car and when I lock it after exiting. So it's not like fuse is burnt out or anything. Scratching my head.
As I wrote you, these red lights in the doors have nothing common with ambient lighting. It is just a confirmation of Exit Warning System enabling/disabling.This is a separate system with separate LEDs and controllers.
If your quattro logo is illuminated it means that it is rather the malfunction of ambient lighting system. Fuses are OK as there are no separate fuse for door ambient lightning.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by retom
As I wrote you, these red lights in the doors have nothing common with ambient lighting. It is just a confirmation of Exit Warning System enabling/disabling.This is a separate system with separate LEDs and controllers.
If your quattro logo is illuminated it means that it is rather the malfunction of ambient lighting system. Fuses are OK as there are no separate fuse for door ambient lightning.
So your saying there are 2 separate LED strips on the doors?? The red lights do turn on during the start/lock of car. I figured it was just 1 lighting strip.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So your saying there are 2 separate LED strips on the doors?? The red lights do turn on during the start/lock of car. I figured it was just 1 lighting strip.
No, 1 strip with 2 LEDs. One for ambient lighting second for Exit Warning. 2 totally separate systems. Look here:

Old 02-13-2022, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

thanks for clarifying. That answers my question. Hoping this will be a quick fix at service center.
Old 04-28-2022, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for clarifying. That answers my question. Hoping this will be a quick fix at service center.
hi Chi,

i have the same issue, did you have much luck with fixing it at service center?

Quick Reply: 2022 Door ambient lights stopped working