Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2022 Q7 Premium Plus interior lighting

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 Q7 Premium Plus interior lighting

Long time lurker, first time poster in this forum as I’m debating on my first Audi 2022 Q7 and had a question on the interior.

Model is a 2022 Q7 55 TFSI premium plus with convenience package, any current owners or anyone know what the interior lighting setup is like?

I know it’s not ambient lighting as that comes with the exec package, but sales is telling me there is interior lighting along the center console, the dash, and door sills of both the first and second row (really second row too?). I can’t change to any color I want, but i could switch between red and white only.

Is this true?

I just haven’t been able to check out the vehicle at night when it’s dark enough to actually see.

Please and thank you!
Old 11-09-2022, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kmaister
Long time lurker, first time poster in this forum as I’m debating on my first Audi 2022 Q7 and had a question on the interior.

Model is a 2022 Q7 55 TFSI premium plus with convenience package, any current owners or anyone know what the interior lighting setup is like?

I know it’s not ambient lighting as that comes with the exec package, but sales is telling me there is interior lighting along the center console, the dash, and door sills of both the first and second row (really second row too?). I can’t change to any color I want, but i could switch between red and white only.

Is this true?

I just haven’t been able to check out the vehicle at night when it’s dark enough to actually see.

Please and thank you!
Hi Kmaister,

my 2020 Q7 P+ has what you are describing above with a caveat that you can only play around with brightness of white-color ambient lighting that goes around most of the interior trim pieces (as described by you). Red color comes up (around the trim pieces above door handles) when you first start the car which in a way acts like "warning" reminder to look to the mirrors or to be aware of the objects that may wait for you in case you decide to open your door - don't quote me on this description though. However, red color is not something you can switch your ambient lighting to, it goes away after few seconds. hope this helps.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 143 Likes on 104 Posts

Confirming this, also have 2020 Q7 PP -- can't change colors. Red warning lights on on startup are cool, white light in same locations including the door sills both front and rear.
This thread has some good sample photos, will try to get one from my interior next time.

Last edited by PsyQ7; 11-10-2022 at 05:46 AM.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think if your car has executive package then you can have multi color lights otherwise it is just limited to few colors.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 812 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by Karx
Hi Kmaister,

my 2020 Q7 P+ has what you are describing above with a caveat that you can only play around with brightness of white-color ambient lighting that goes around most of the interior trim pieces (as described by you). Red color comes up (around the trim pieces above door handles) when you first start the car which in a way acts like "warning" reminder to look to the mirrors or to be aware of the objects that may wait for you in case you decide to open your door - don't quote me on this description though. However, red color is not something you can switch your ambient lighting to, it goes away after few seconds. hope this helps.
Red lights flashing for couple of seconds in doors strips to confirm activation of of Exit Warning system. If you turn off the car these red lights will come on again for couple of seconds after 3 minutes to confirm turning off the Exit Warning. These red lights flash together with Side Assist Warning amber lights in side mirrors. These lights are not related in any way with ambient lightning as this system has own red LEDs.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you all for the very helpful responses!
The following users liked this post:
roman.p (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2021 q7 p+ Executive package

Originally Posted by MuGeN PoWeR
I think if your car has executive package then you can have multi color lights otherwise it is just limited to few colors.

my 2021 q7 US p+ executive package
its doesn’t have any color options, very very unfortunate
Old 01-06-2023, 11:30 PM
546AWHP/ 626AWTQ 4M.5

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 2021 Q7 55 Premium Plus

Originally Posted by roman.p
my 2021 q7 US p+ executive package
its doesn’t have any color options, very very unfortunate
All descriptions above are correct. Unfortunately I would've had to coughed up another $8K for the Prestige for the remaining bells and whistles, but I was stuck on the color and didn't look at anything else. If they had let me test drive the SQ7, I would've taken that home. But building the Q7 has been fun and it is super responsive now, so no regrets since it has the same performance as the SQ7 minus the V8 sound.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kmaister

Is this true?

Please and thank you!
I have a 2022 pp and can change the colors.