Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

All Weather Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the upper fog light button very useful. If its raining I just push it and all the lights turn on. That way you dont have to change the headlight auto button. Its nice that it resets after each drive.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnyjackpot
I find the upper fog light button very useful. If its raining I just push it and all the lights turn on. That way you dont have to change the headlight auto button. Its nice that it resets after each drive.
Nice tip for those of us whose state law requires headlights on when raining. I heard of someone who actually got a ticket for driving with just DRLs in the rain.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Nice tip for those of us whose state law requires headlights on when raining. I heard of someone who actually got a ticket for driving with just DRLs in the rain.
GOOD!! I can't stand people who don't think it's necessary to turn their head lights on when it's raining or when it's dark.. sigh.. they should ticket more people
Old 04-20-2017, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
342 posts in this forum and you don't have one? I don't think they swivel but they are very bright and with the side fogs lighting on turns everything is very well lit.
No I dont have one, sorry. I guess waiting for your car for 4 months will rack up posts versus miles.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I will double check but I do believe the LED's swivel.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Current production Audis, when equipped with LED headlights, don't actually move anything in the lamp housing, but instead different segments progressively illuminate and dim back to off. Audi leads the industry in lighting. U.S. DOT effectively stifles some of their improvements with old laws.
-Tom
Lighting Fanatic
Old 04-20-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by aTOMic
Current production Audis, when equipped with LED headlights, don't actually move anything in the lamp housing, but instead different segments progressively illuminate and dim back to off. Audi leads the industry in lighting. U.S. DOT effectively stifles some of their improvements with old laws.
-Tom
Lighting Fanatic
I get that. So you are saying the Audi LEDs do illuminate the curve (however they do it), when you are turning?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aTOMic
-Tom
Lighting Fanatic
Good call- I was actually thinking that it would seem odd the LED's would "swivel/actually move" since the entire light assemply seems to be one solid piece.

-John
Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I get that. So you are saying the Audi LEDs do illuminate the curve (however they do it), when you are turning?
The All Weather lights come on depending on which way you're turning at night.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
The All Weather lights come on depending on which way you're turning at night.
I dont mean when turning a 90 degree turn, I am talking about the headlight following the steering wheel as you drive along a winding / curving road.

And also for the folks thinking the headlamp cant swivel, it can even though its all enclosed in a single unit. The unit does not move, but the lenses/mirrors inside do, so that as the road bends, the light bends with it to illuminate what you are looking at

Quick Reply: All Weather Lights