Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Connect App is Terrible

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Audi Connect App is Terrible

Can anyone else get this app to work consistently? I have an IPhone and on a few occasions I've been able to get the lock/unlock feature to work, but most of the time I get a "technical error." The app also hasn't updated my millage in over a month.

I see the review of the app on Itunes are filled with similar complaints. How hard can it possible be to get this app to work?
Old 03-21-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The app works fine on the iphone. I've used for 6 months with no issues. Now my subscription has expired and I have no plan to renew it. It's a nice feature but expensive.

The app is not the problem. The problem is getting the car to register with Audi. I spend over 3 hours with the tech guy at Audi and at the dealership to get it to work. So you might have to do the same thing.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine works well. The exception being that the warning messages don't update anymore.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Apart from the app freezing a couple times my app seems to work well. It took about an hour to figure out the setup on the app but that was it.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My personal opinion on the app is that its bloatware. A couple of uses but not nearly enough to justify it for the amount of resources it consumes on a phone.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I send addresses to my Q quite often. It's much quicker than programming them in directly.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

I only use it to send destinations to the car. My current car doesn't support the other features such as remote locking etc. For what I use it, it works pretty much flawless. It had issues in the past and I complained to Audi Customer Support and the issues got resolved. Nothing is gonna happen if you complain here. You need to report the issues to Audi. They do actually take them seriously and the bugs get addressed. I've read from a number of people, that there are issues with registering the newer cars. Seems like many dealers screw it up and as a consequence the app seems broken, when in fact the car isn't registered properly.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

like a few others said. so easy to send addresses. I use to double check to see if my windows are up or trunk pop open by itself oh and plan a gas station trip. Had to use the car locator once or twice cause sad to say i forgot where i parked. lol

Last edited by Dasaint; 03-21-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
Had to use the car locator once or twice cause sad to say i forgot where i parked. lol
This is somewhat a redundant feature of the app. Both Google Maps on Android and Apple Maps on iOS automatically remember where you parked based on when the Bluetooth connection to the car gets disconnected. They are also smart enough to know if you parked at home vs away from home and only remember the parking position if you parked away from home. So far I haven't had a senior moment and forgot where I parked, but I suppose it's a good piece of mind when parking in an unfamiliar area.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi Connect is pretty good but don't agree with Audi's support and time to fix.

For the UK at least we've had several issues with them breaking the special point of interest upload and also the train times which has been broken across all Audi models for several years.

I would rank them slightly above hopeless.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect App is Terrible