Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Auto Hold function retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Another thing, which is much more important, is that parking brake does not illuminate the brake lamps in the back, I never use this unless there is already a car stopped behind me at night. I don't want to get rear ended and have insurance find out that my foot wasn't on brake and other driver use "his 3rd brake light wasn't on, i got distracted" I know it's a long shot, but I rather avoid that as much as possible.

However, what Rick said, I never thought of using it, because I thought it will keep going. I did use it with traffic jam assist on ACC with a car in front of me at red light, but I didn't think there would be a way to use ACC to hold the Q7 in place at red light with no cars in front. Does this activate brake lamps? I have to try this, so you come to a stop at red light, keep pressing brake, activate ACC and then let go of brake?

If my Q7 wasn't a lease, I'd be doing this immediately.
This works, but I don't like how it accelerates by itself so it's not great on busy city roads when you don't have a car in front of you.
Also, BMW's auto hold works in conjunction with auto start/stop, while I hate the auto start/stop, it might be a problem with some people with long red lights who likes the engine to turn off.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
However, what Rick said, I never thought of using it, because I thought it will keep going. I did use it with traffic jam assist on ACC with a car in front of me at red light, but I didn't think there would be a way to use ACC to hold the Q7 in place at red light with no cars in front. Does this activate brake lamps? I have to try this, so you come to a stop at red light, keep pressing brake, activate ACC and then let go of brake?.
Yes, exactly right. It will stay there in ACC mode with nobody in front of you until you tug the lever or tap the accelerator. I do believe the brake lights are on in this case.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retrofit autohold and Auto Parking feature

Why was the thread starter banned? From my perspective he is doing every Q7 owner a favour who wants AutoHold like all luxury cars do. Where can I buy this kit? If one can spend $70 K then a few hundred is nothing to add a luxury feature.

My BMW 2011 X3 also has it and my wife says she can't do without it, and once you get used to luxury features its hard to go back actually.

Sure there are always people who can manage without such features and convince themselves that they don't need it, but other are more demanding when they drop top dollar for $70K plus car , when you buy an Audi you are paying for affordable (relative to BMW, Mercedes. Porsche SUV's) Teutonic luxury not just mere Brand name. I don't care what Brand I buy as long as I am satisfied I am getting luxury, performance and bang for buck.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Agreed, what happened?
Their site is down.
Old 11-24-2019, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts

I ordered a kit from 4Rings (he PM'd me re. coding) and will try it out with OBDII. Have an installer that helped me install my Viper remote start work on it - and given the folks at A5 forum have been successfully been able to get it to work, why not?
Old 03-15-2021, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dohturdima
I ordered a kit from 4Rings (he PM'd me re. coding) and will try it out with OBDII. Have an installer that helped me install my Viper remote start work on it - and given the folks at A5 forum have been successfully been able to get it to work, why not?
were you able to do the coding with OBDII?
Old 04-18-2021, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can anyone share the coding details with OBD11 ?
Old 04-23-2021, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by big_c02
Can anyone share the coding details with OBD11 ?
+1 Not gonna roll the dice on this ($150) if there's no coding directions/support.

Last edited by 3Pedals6Speeds; 04-24-2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

IIRC, its one of the "Applications" in OBD11 Pro.

pg
Old 04-28-2021, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by paulgeller1
IIRC, its one of the "Applications" in OBD11 Pro.

pg
Just checked their app listing on their webpage for my 2019, and it is not there, sadly.

Quick Reply: Auto Hold function retrofit