Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Best color and why?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ven7782
The choice of colors really sucked. I did not want the conventional Black, white or grey. Blue was good but I found the Argus Brown to be better and I ordered that.
Agree! I would go with Tofana white or the Argus brown then Ink blue. Blue and black won't age well. Carat Beige is a little to 90's for my taste. Seems like every luxury car was painted that color during that era. I'm over shades of silver or charcoal.
We looked at a Jaguar F-Pace and they had some beautiful color's. I spec'd a dark blue with black 22" rims, black out package that looked menacing. Don't know why Jaguar can throw a dozen different colors and Audi hands us three shades of the same grocery getting colors. Not even a Red...really?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dhc8guru
Agree! I would go with Tofana white or the Argus brown then Ink blue. Blue and black won't age well. Carat Beige is a little to 90's for my taste. Seems like every luxury car was painted that color during that era. I'm over shades of silver or charcoal.
We looked at a Jaguar F-Pace and they had some beautiful color's. I spec'd a dark blue with black 22" rims, black out package that looked menacing. Don't know why Jaguar can throw a dozen different colors and Audi hands us three shades of the same grocery getting colors. Not even a Red...really?
Looks like they reserved red for the SQ7 and audi exclusive orders. So I guess that our punishment for not going big.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like black on chrome or white on black. But I would prefer a black car. While some people love black on black... the lack of contrast isn't really nice looking for me.

Black on chrome looks richer in my opinion, like the classic Benz.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I chose Orca Black.

I wrestled with my color decision. We get pretty hot here in Central AR. But utilizing all the window shades, I didn't find the temp between the grey SUV I had traded in, to be that huge of a deal. I think there is nothing prettier than a clean metallic black & chrome. But, then I lived in desert near Yuma, AZ and had to drive a black truck into town every day during the summer and survived.

Originally Posted by marnes
I like black on chrome or white on black. But I would prefer a black car. While some people love black on black... the lack of contrast isn't really nice looking for me.

Black on chrome looks richer in my opinion, like the classic Benz.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I think the black and chrome is clean indeed, I want the more menacing combined with sporty, aggressive and sexy black on black look without going overboard. My goal is to see how far i can take the Q7 in that realm.

Last edited by Dasaint; 08-03-2016 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

We chose Ink Blue because far away it looks like a sleek black Q7, but when you get close, its a pleasant surprise to see the deep hue of blue. Our second chose was Argus Brown.
Old 08-07-2016, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Still waiting to see Tofana white in person, but that is our first choice at the moment. From the pictures I have seen online, it seems to have the effect of a flat color rather than glossy. We are going to get the optional 21" wheels and really like the pop of bright color they give to compliment the cars color. the standard 20's on the prestige are just a bit boring IMO.

We also considered the Gray but then it will just look dirty all the time, as my gray truck does and it is also a bit pedestrian. We want something that is unique.

I am curious about the Orca black. Does this have hints of blue in it? Anyone have any details on this color as to what it is like compared to a "regular" black color?

Our dealer has limited inventory of Q7's so we have not been able to see any of the above in person.

Last edited by EricNCSU1204; 08-07-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204
Still waiting to see Tofana white in person, but that is our first choice at the moment. From the pictures I have seen online, it seems to have the effect of a flat color rather than glossy. We are going to get the optional 21" wheels and really like the pop of bright color they give to compliment the cars color. the standard 20's on the prestige are just a bit boring IMO.

We also considered the Gray but then it will just look dirty all the time, as my gray truck does and it is also a bit pedestrian. We want something that is unique.

I am curious about the Orca black. Does this have hints of blue in it? Anyone have any details on this color as to what it is like compared to a "regular" black color?

Our dealer has limited inventory of Q7's so we have not been able to see any of the above in person.
Orca black has the slightest hint of blue in it. The graphite gray is on the lighter side of grays and looks a little green to me.
Old 08-07-2016, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Orca black has the slightest hint of blue in it. The graphite gray is on the lighter side of grays and looks a little green to me.
Thank you.

Any comments on the tofana white?
Old 08-07-2016, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by EricNCSU1204
Thank you.

Any comments on the tofana white?
I like it a lot, but I've only seen it once in person so I really can't say how it compares to glacier or carrara (only seen this one once too). Any other color I'm pretty familiar with.

Quick Reply: Best color and why?