Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

button two door controler looses code

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default button two door controler looses code

On our q7 about once a month the button stops working and we have to go through the re-program process. Have this happened to anyone else?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:26 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

I assume you're talking about the memory setting buttons on the drivers door? If so, no I haven't experienced this issue
Old 01-16-2018, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by iasm
On our q7 about once a month the button stops working and we have to go through the re-program process. Have this happened to anyone else?
Should not be - unless you have a practice in place to disconnect battery on monthly basis.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of our HomeLink buttons does that, but the dealer told me it's not possible and must be the garage door. I then tried programming 2 buttons for the same garage door - 1 stopped working after a week while the other has been fine for > 5 weeks. Back to the dealer it goes.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've had to program the middle garage HomeLink button at least 3 times now. This last time it stopped working, I just gave up. I'm going to try programming the third button to see if that will hold. Glad to see I'm not the only person having this problem.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

It is the middle button that is giving me trouble.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Interesting that it is the middle button for each of you giving trouble. Does the light next to the button flash when you push the button? ie, does the button itself work, and it thinks it is sending a signal, but the signal does not work for the garage? Maybe its a rolling code and the "rolling" part gets screwed up? I have an '18 Q7 and have not had that trouble - I use the middle button once a week or every other week and have been OK so far. What year cars do you all have that have the problem?
Old 01-17-2018, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
Interesting that it is the middle button for each of you giving trouble. Does the light next to the button flash when you push the button? ie, does the button itself work, and it thinks it is sending a signal, but the signal does not work for the garage? Maybe its a rolling code and the "rolling" part gets screwed up? I have an '18 Q7 and have not had that trouble - I use the middle button once a week or every other week and have been OK so far. What year cars do you all have that have the problem?
My problem button is #3 and no, the light doesn't flash.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Mine is a 2017. I have two garage door openers that are identical (installed the same time, same model, etc.). The left button controls one and the middle controls the other. The left has never needed to be re-programmed, whereas the middle would suddenly lose the capability to open the door, forcing me to re-program it again. I will try using the third button instead and see how that goes.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by drummerbrent
One of our HomeLink buttons does that, but the dealer told me it's not possible and must be the garage door. I then tried programming 2 buttons for the same garage door - 1 stopped working after a week while the other has been fine for > 5 weeks. Back to the dealer it goes.
Update: It spent a week at the dealer for this and 3 other issues. Dealer admitted that Audi knows the HomeLink is a problem. They sent me home with instructions to clear out all codes stored in my garage door and reconnect the Audi. Even though that didn't make sense (I was an automotive systems engineer for > 20 years), I did it. Problem came back in a week - as did my other 3 (plus a new one). Back to the dealer it goes.

Quick Reply: button two door controler looses code