Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Can I get that door trim ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I get that door trim ?

We just got a CPO 2017 Q7... Love the car... Part of the negotiation was drawing attention to damaged trim on the door bottom, both the sill part and the silver piece (circled on the pic, actually on the passenger side for our car - which is black, but anyway)
I'm having a hard time finding replacement bits though... I honestly don't care too much about the bottom piece because it'a black and hard to see the damage once I polish it, but the silver piece is mangled on the front passenger side..

Does this silver piece detach and exist separately or is it
part of the bottom door trim ? Anyone know what it's called anyway ? ;-)

Thanks !
Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm so surprised that they sold it as a CPO with body damage, that's not like Audi.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

All I recall from another thread is that it was said that those plastic trims are difficult to switch out and that the door needs to be taken apart to actually accomplish it.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Lower Molding, Quattro blade does not come separately:

4M0-853-959-G-GRU
4M0-853-960-G-GRU

Cheapest I’ve found online:

https://www.audiusaparts.com/oem-par...-4m0853960ggru

Old 06-06-2018, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for looking and replying... I've seen that part but the drawing of it is very non-descript and doesn't really show the "quattro blade" if that's what it's called ;-) Looks like the bottom part...

As for CPO, yeah, they messed up because they repainted the rear bumper and missed that...somehow... It was brought up and they immediately offered to fix it... Instead I asked to leave it alone and get the $$$ off, assimung that I could get the silver blade and pop it in, and leave the sill as is. If it's jsut one piece I shot myself in the foot because the part is $240 + paint and if you need to take the door panel apart to reinstall it, well, crap ;-) Not the end of the world, the wife or kids will mangle the other side shortly and it'll be forgotten...
Old 06-07-2018, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Deschodt
Thank you for looking and replying... I've seen that part but the drawing of it is very non-descript and doesn't really show the "quattro blade" if that's what it's called ;-) Looks like the bottom part...

As for CPO, yeah, they messed up because they repainted the rear bumper and missed that...somehow... It was brought up and they immediately offered to fix it... Instead I asked to leave it alone and get the $$$ off, assimung that I could get the silver blade and pop it in, and leave the sill as is. If it's jsut one piece I shot myself in the foot because the part is $240 + paint and if you need to take the door panel apart to reinstall it, well, crap ;-) Not the end of the world, the wife or kids will mangle the other side shortly and it'll be forgotten...
The drawing is not precise and I don’t know the official name of the ‘blade thing’ either, but did see the part at my dealer; it’s all attached as one piece. I wanted to replace the blade only, too, have a few mm long scratch, but decided against -- didn’t want to mess around with getting the lower part (primed only) painted for a minor cosmetic fix. (Maybe that’s why yours wasn’t fixed either.)