Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Completed New 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige Luxury BOP -- Graphite Gray with Ink Black Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completed New 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige Luxury BOP -- Graphite Gray with Ink Black Wheels

Hello all. Here is my finished product following my early July order and mid-October delivery. 2018 Prestige Luxury Black Optic Package in Graphite Gray/Cedar Brown/Gray Oak inlays with all the options except: B&O stereo, night vision, adaptive air suspension, and rear side bags.

I have mentioned in earlier posts the inability for me to order the 21" all-seasons since my order was apparently "too far along", so I bit down and followed what many other members have done for tires (since then, and up until recently) -- Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 in 295/40R21's. After powder coating, the installer said this: "Those tires fit on like a glove, with no issues, whatsoever." They ride like a dream, and I have noticed no other sounds or irregularities in my first month of driving (only about 400 miles and mostly local, but more miles to come over holiday driving).

I had the Ceramic Pro Gold Package installed by Capitol Shine (at their Arlington, VA location) a few weeks after purchase and as soon as the OEM wheels were powder coated (by NV Coatings in Chantilly, VA). Both providers did a spectacular job. My provider at Capitol Shine noted (and pointed out to me) a thin scratch in the clear coat across the hood, and was kind enough to include polishing that out in the quoted price for the package -- from this experience, I cannot advise more strongly to take your car for treatment ASAP, but anticipate that if the vehicle sat on the lot and had any "washing" done by the dealership, that there will be paint correction needed. My vehicle had come right off the boat, onto the semi, and to the dealership, so it was picked up about as early as it could be. I look forward to years of simple care and robust protection, with annual check-ups to "maintain" the lifetime warranty. I know there are naysayers, but I chose to leave this work to the experts and will report back anything I observe out of the ordinary.

Lastly, I left the original badging -- I thought about blacking it out, but because the graphite gray is so dark I wanted the badges to be distinctive -- and added the Supercharged carbon badges (courtesy of ECS Tuning).

Thanks to all on the board with helpful posts and advice (to me and others) since I joined on in July -- it's been greatly informative, and there might be some minor touches added down the road. I've added many photos (apologies if some think too many) for those wanting to see the wheels and badging, as well as a few interior shots to show the gray oak inlays and Cedar Brown.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Very nice! I'm sure I'll see you somewhere in the DMV since that's quite unique
Old 11-18-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

More pictures are always appreciated.

Good looking ride.

Grey
Old 11-18-2017, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you mind sharing the link to the badge on their site? I am probably doing something wrong, but could not find it. Thanks
Old 11-18-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Very nice! I'm sure I'll see you somewhere in the DMV since that's quite unique
Thanks, BigK! I skulk around the Falls Church/Arlington area. Cheers...
Old 11-18-2017, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Greystoke
More pictures are always appreciated.

Good looking ride.

Grey
OK, I'm glad -- thank you!
Old 11-18-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nokfromapp
Do you mind sharing the link to the badge on their site? I am probably doing something wrong, but could not find it. Thanks
No problem -- here it is: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/supercharged-badge-set-carbon-fiber/4f0853601kt1/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA0b_QBRCeARIsAFntQ9q92zBHGEsTqr8GSbP rpLL28kVNG9gdXACYQdnLvjtAAeOL-k8NwQsaAs5rEALw_wcB.

And as posted elsewhere (including by AudiGirl), this is the real deal.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Forgot to mention how GOOOOD your car looks. I started to look for powder coating shops here in the ATL area..lol
Old 11-18-2017, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Forgot to mention how GOOOOD your car looks. I started to look for powder coating shops here in the ATL area..lol
Thanks so much! I dropped my vehicle off at the location for P'Cing and stared at it for 15 minutes before I left once-and-for-all. I had seen other photos with blacked out wheels, and had made the decision right from the start. It still looked so good with the titanium finish, but I just had to follow through. I also thought long and hard about a black matte/satin finish, but this glossy "Ink Black" gives real pop. And as many have said RE: the graphite gray looking different in various light conditions, the glossy black wheels do, as well. I feel like it's a different vehicle at different times of day and night, and it can be both subtle and outspoken, depending on the conditions. I think with this combo, you can't go wrong. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Completed New 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige Luxury BOP -- Graphite Gray with Ink Black Wheels