Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Completed New 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige Luxury BOP -- Graphite Gray with Ink Black Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful Car! I am waiting on a white prestige, BOP, luxury, cedar brown car. I've never been totally confident about the cedar brown though. It seems to photograph very differently by various photographers. In some cases, it is a little orange and others slightly (very slightly) more of a dark honey. The question here is, how accurately do you feel your photos (of course you're not seeing my monitor) reflect the true color of the leather? I know as an amateur photographer that certain colors are often misrepresented in photos (red can be a hard one for example). Second question is how do you feel about the Cedar Brown?

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PeteInCA
Beautiful Car! I am waiting on a white prestige, BOP, luxury, cedar brown car. I've never been totally confident about the cedar brown though. It seems to photograph very differently by various photographers. In some cases, it is a little orange and others slightly (very slightly) more of a dark honey. The question here is, how accurately do you feel your photos (of course you're not seeing my monitor) reflect the true color of the leather? I know as an amateur photographer that certain colors are often misrepresented in photos (red can be a hard one for example). Second question is how do you feel about the Cedar Brown?

Thanks.
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the props! I get your point about the Cedar Brown. I merely used my iPhone 7 Plus and took some shots that were reasonably well exposed -- why I left my door open when I shot them. They do lean a bit orange when in bright light, but most times are satisfyingly and richly light brown. They seem brighter than what I've seen of the nougat brown online. My prior vehicle had a taupe interior, of which I became quite bored. I am in
love with this Cedar Brown finish, and have no doubt that I won't grow tired of this interior -- I am 100% satisfied.

I considered your color coordination as well at first, so I think you've made a great choice!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by allsyst3msgo
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the props! I get your point about the Cedar Brown. I merely used my iPhone 7 Plus and took some shots that were reasonably well exposed -- why I left my door open when I shot them. They do lean a bit orange when in bright light, but most times are satisfyingly and richly light brown. They seem brighter than what I've seen of the nougat brown online. My prior vehicle had a taupe interior, of which I became quite bored. I am in
love with this Cedar Brown finish, and have no doubt that I won't grow tired of this interior -- I am 100% satisfied.

I considered your color coordination as well at first, so I think you've made a great choice!

Thanks that helps a lot. I am pretty sure I am going to like it too!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteInCA

Thanks.
The Cedar is awesome! I just got White BOP and luxury with Cedar about a month ago! Pictures make it look a little more orangey than it really is. I am not a fan of Nougut brown (no offense with anyone with that interior) it is just too dark for me. Cedar looks soooooo good. I think you will be happy with it once you see it in person. I haven't met one person yet to dislike the color, especially Cedar with all the black alcantara looks really really classy.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
The Cedar is awesome! I just got White BOP and luxury with Cedar about a month ago! Pictures make it look a little more orangey than it really is. I am not a fan of Nougut brown (no offense with anyone with that interior) it is just too dark for me. Cedar looks soooooo good. I think you will be happy with it once you see it in person. I haven't met one person yet to dislike the color, especially Cedar with all the black alcantara looks really really classy.
Totally agree - fell in love with that combo when I first saw it!
Old 11-24-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like your ride 👍🏽
Old 11-24-2017, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quattro0323
I like your ride 👍🏽
Thanks so much, quattro!
Old 02-06-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by allsyst3msgo
Thanks so much, quayttro!
Nice whip bro, I still got 13 payments left on my 2015 Qsev, PP+, with off road package! Aiming for that same color combo, when my time comes though! That cedar brown interior just pops off of that Samuri gray...enjoy!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Looks great. I am also in Arlington and will likely take the wheels to NV Coatings and use Capitol Shine as well. Have you been happy with the services both provided? Were they pricey? How long did the Capitol Shine have the car?

Last edited by eettare; 03-24-2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

You are making me regret not getting that color combo!

Quick Reply: Completed New 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige Luxury BOP -- Graphite Gray with Ink Black Wheels