Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Completed New 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige Luxury BOP -- Graphite Gray with Ink Black Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sharp! Congratulations!
Old 03-26-2018, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, M0J0! I am still loving it, almost 6 months later...
Old 03-26-2018, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you!
Old 03-26-2018, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lolliz4ringluv37
Nice whip bro, I still got 13 payments left on my 2015 Qsev, PP+, with off road package! Aiming for that same color combo, when my time comes though! That cedar brown interior just pops off of that Samuri gray...enjoy!
Thanks so much! I do wonder how differently the Samurai Gray would have looked, but I am pleased with the outcome of the Graphite Gray. Really loving it, and don't see myself ever getting tired of that interior color.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eettare
Looks great. I am also in Arlington and will likely take the wheels to NV Coatings and use Capitol Shine as well. Have you been happy with the services both provided? Were they pricey? How long did the Capitol Shine have the car?
NV Coatings has been ramping up their game, and lately I see a lot more posts on their FB page. Left the car with them on a Monday, and got it back a few days later, with stellar results. $600 at that time simply for the stripping and powder coating of the factory wheels, and I felt it was worth every penny.

People's opinions of Capitol Shine have varied, and as one would expect, when you go over every square inch to find imperfections -- even in factory paint -- you could have the fear of a ballooning invoice. I heard the line, "Well, when it sits on the lot, it just takes a speck of sand, etc." I expressed my understanding to this idea, but it came right from the factory, to the ship, to the port, to the lot, where I drove it off. Even then....you get the idea. But the fact was, they were going to do a thorough job of finding any flaw, and letting you know -- if you don't want to correct it, you don't have to. I felt very lucky that there were no issues, including from the factory paint job itself. Dropped it off, and it was done three days later. The general manager -- Dominic -- took great care of me, and I will be returning there for my annual inspection (I got the Ceramic Pro Gold package) -- will likely also do a full service there at the time, just as a hat tip. I've gotta say, 6 months in...my Q remains glimmering clean other than the actual soiling itself, but it is great how matter just wipes off (bird s*** included). So, all in all, I don't regret the extra $1K-plus, and appreciate the extra confidence it gives me with my Q's finish (and wheels). Getting down to the location through the parking garage is a bit odd, but once you do it, it'll all make sense. Others have had a different experience right from the start because of their own expectations as to what they should pay, and not being mentally prepared for what autobody/paint "professionals" are going to say. So, all I can say is, especially if you've been driving your vehicle for sometime, that they will need to put in some extra work (no doubt) to get it in shape for the treatment...I'm glad I decided right off the bat after my wheels were done that I wanted to get this taken care of right away. Feel free to tell them that Joe with the Graphite Gray/black power-coated-wheeled Q7 sent you -- might just get you a cup of coffee. LOL. Sorry for the book report, but I'm hoping this is helpful -- cheers...