Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Dealer Screwed Up Order - Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Screwed Up Order - Need Advice

So, I ordered a car to my exact specs. Production week 6. Timing was of the essence as I have a car with 33k miles that must be returned at 36k. I went to check on status of the order this week as I had heard nothing and expected the car to be arriving shortly. When I emailed my salesperson, I got an undeliverable message.

So to make a long story short, my salesperson (who was the internet manager btw) left on bad terms clearly because the dealership had issues with him. There is a car that was ordered with my name on it, but the specs are wrong. It is missing rear seat prep and has 21" wheels when I want 20". The dealer asked if I would take the car as is. I asked if he would please swap out the wheels for me. He told me no that the car was already built and I told him wheels are an aftermarket item and that 21" are a nonstarter for me. I have not received a response back. The saleperson I had dealt with accepted my ACNA certificate and I have evidence of this in writing.

What would you all say is the next move in this game of chess?
Old 03-11-2016, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

what is "rear seat prep?"
Old 03-11-2016, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Based on your post, it seems that you are willing forgo the rear seat prep but still want 20" wheels vs 21".

The easiest path is to accept the order as-is. Then, find someone who owns a Q7 who is willing to swap their 20" wheels with your 21-inch plus cash. I have read posts by other Q7 owners in this forum that like to have 21-inch wheels.

Or, ask your current dealer if they are willing to loan you a vehicle while waiting for your correct order to arrive from the factory.

I know it shouldn't be your problem and it is the dealer's fault. But, since you will need a ride soon (i.e., just-in-time delivery), you're somewhat stuck. Otherwise, I'd say you have every right to cancel your order with this dealer and go elsewhere if you no longer want to buy your vehicle there.

Another option is to get the dealer to offer you more discount to compensate for the erroneous order.

Yet another option is to ask you current dealer to search Q7's in stock or in transit (not sold orders) that has the configuration you want. Then, get them to change your order to that one. There will be a delay in delivery since the other Q7 will be coming form another dealer but your current dealer can provide you with a loaner vehicle while you wait for your car.

Last edited by plat27265; 03-11-2016 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
B
The easiest path is to accept the order as-is. Then, find someone who owns a Q7 who is willing to swap their 20" wheels with your 21-inch plus cash. I have read posts by other Q7 owners in this forum that like to have 21-inch wheels.

I'll gladly take the 21" Wheels in exchange for my 20"s and cash higher than the upcharge. PM sent
Old 03-11-2016, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear seat entertainment prep is a cheap option @ $150.

But it's a must to be able to use the optional rear entertainment units that plug in. There's no way to retro fit it and has to be done at the factory.

You might be able to work around the wheels, but there's no helping you on the rear seat entertainment prep.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. If you live in Mass or almost anywhere in New England, take delivery of your Q7 and I will swap my 20 inch wheels with you plus the full cost of the upgrade on the window sticker.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

South FL here. About as far away from New England as possible!

This sounds like a stupid question I know - but how does this work logistically? Other than physically meeting up in person to swap.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Glad to see this should work out for the OP.

We have the rear seat entertainment prep, but after reading the reviews on the player itself, we'll steer clear.
Old 03-12-2016, 05:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zoef1996
South FL here. About as far away from New England as possible!

This sounds like a stupid question I know - but how does this work logistically? Other than physically meeting up in person to swap.
I was going to offer but I am just that bit too far away. Seriously how good is it that member will jump in to make good the wheel issue that your dealer has screwed up. Well done guys.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. You might be curious to read the response to my email when I asked what they could do about the wheels. As expected, not very helpful or polite. Buying a car is so unpleasant. I wish there were a way to punish the behavior of these dealerships. This is Fort Lauderdale for reference.

"In your last email you stated that 21" wheels are a non-starter for you. As we cannot change the wheels on the car we interpreted your statement to be the equivalent of you cancelling your order. Please note that we did not charge your card for any deposit and that we will shred our copies of your documents to protect your privacy.

Please take note of the following. Audi has officially discontinued it's Supplier and ACNA discount programs and is no longer offering any loyalty rebates for the 2017 Q7. With that said, if you are interested in buying this specific Q7 for 6% off MSRP plus taxes and fees once it arrives then we will give you that opportunity. Beyond that, we will not offer any further discounting on this specific car."

Quick Reply: Dealer Screwed Up Order - Need Advice