Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Drive System Malfunction?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

My coworker just bought a 2021 Q5. After signing all paperwork, she made it about 50' from dealer, got Drive System Malfunction message. Had to come back later in the day to get her new SUV once they corrected the issue.

I felt bad as I talked her into buying it, based on my very favorable experience with my vehicles and the dealership.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,202 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
My coworker just bought a 2021 Q5. After signing all paperwork, she made it about 50' from dealer, got Drive System Malfunction message. Had to come back later in the day to get her new SUV once they corrected the issue.

I felt bad as I talked her into buying it, based on my very favorable experience with my vehicles and the dealership.
Stuff happens. I bet it was a software fix...
Old 04-07-2021, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Owning 2017 Q7 in California. Encountering this Drive system malfunction warning since last week so dropped off at Service this morning. Got a call from SA stating that they diagnosed, tried/checked S/W update etc but nothing worked and it could be an issue with the shutter motor which needs to be replaced. The quote is $1450 however they charged me $210 already for diagnosis since am out of 4yr warranty. Does this 7yr/70K California Emissions Warranty come as default for everyone? if so, how do I get Mhoran89's TSB article. Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance
The following users liked this post:
videsi (07-25-2021)
Old 04-07-2021, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by petery129
Several Drive system malfunction warning along with auto start/stop malfunction and yellow check engine light on dash occurred on Saturday with little over 65K miles, took the car in on Monday and got the repair quote of $992.73 to fix the faulty shutter motor since I was out of warranty. My SA offered 10% off on parts when I told him about the federal emissions warranty. I downloaded Mhoran89's TSB article regarding 7yr/70K California Emissions Warranty and 8yr/80K Federal Emissions Warranty that should cover the faulty active shutter grill claim and emailed to my SA. He got back to me with a revised total amount of $0. I love car forums with their abundant knowledge in cars. Thanks mhoran89 for saving me $950. The dealer was kind enough to gave me a 2020 Q3 for the time being but after driving it for a couple of days I loved getting back to my 2017 Q7 and will look forward to driving it beyond 100K miles.
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Owning 2017 Q7 in California. Encountering this Drive system malfunction warning since last week so dropped off at Service this morning. Got a call from SA stating that they diagnosed, tried/checked S/W update etc but nothing worked and it could be an issue with the shutter motor which needs to be replaced. The quote is $1450 however they charged me $210 already for diagnosis since am out of 4yr warranty. Does this 7yr/70K California Emissions Warranty come as default for everyone? if so, how do I get Mhoran89's TSB article? Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance
Old 04-08-2021, 12:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE = sskssk; 25574305] привет, я новичок в этом форуме. Владение седьмым кварталом 2017 года в Калифорнии. Обнаружив это предупреждение о неисправности системы привода с прошлой недели, поэтому отправился в сервисный центр сегодня утром. Получил звонок от SA, заявив, что они диагностировали, пробовали / проверяли обновление программного обеспечения и т. Д., Но ничего не работало, и это может быть проблема с двигателем заслонки, который необходимо заменить. Цена составляет 1450 долларов, однако они уже взяли с меня 210 долларов за диагностику, так как у меня закончилась 4-летняя гарантия. Является ли эта гарантия на выбросы загрязняющих веществ в атмосферу 7 лет / 70 тыс. В Калифорнии по умолчанию для всех? Если да, то как мне получить статью TSB Mhoran89? Любая помощь будет оценена по достоинству. Спасибо заранее [/ QUOTE]

Good day !
on the Audi Q7 of 2015-2017 years of release, there is a defect in the air suspension compressor and the number has already changed 4M0616005F-4M0616005G-4M0616005N, this is a new number.

old

new

India

Old 04-08-2021, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But more often this happens because of the air tubes that rub against the body, repair the tubes and insert them into the corrugation. This applies to Q7 vehicles manufactured in 2015-2017. For prophylaxis, I recommend looking at the tubes and insulating them in corrugations.

rub the tube

rear compressor

compressor removed

Last edited by MAYER-M; 04-08-2021 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added
Old 04-11-2021, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sskssk
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. Owning 2017 Q7 in California. Encountering this Drive system malfunction warning since last week so dropped off at Service this morning. Got a call from SA stating that they diagnosed, tried/checked S/W update etc but nothing worked and it could be an issue with the shutter motor which needs to be replaced. The quote is $1450 however they charged me $210 already for diagnosis since am out of 4yr warranty. Does this 7yr/70K California Emissions Warranty come as default for everyone? if so, how do I get Mhoran89's TSB article? Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance
tell them you threw a CEL and paid to diagnose the issue and now based upon their diagnosis if the shutter motor failed it’s covered under FEW and is 7yr/70k. Tell them there is a TSB regarding this failure and it’s covered under E1E. There is nothing more you need to do or bring them. When the entire repair is done they should cover the diag fee as well. Let us know what happens.

if you really need a copy of the TSB it’s somewhere earlier in this thread, many pages back.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mhoran89
tell them you threw a CEL and paid to diagnose the issue and now based upon their diagnosis if the shutter motor failed it’s covered under FEW and is 7yr/70k. Tell them there is a TSB regarding this failure and it’s covered under E1E. There is nothing more you need to do or bring them. When the entire repair is done they should cover the diag fee as well. Let us know what happens.

if you really need a copy of the TSB it’s somewhere earlier in this thread, many pages back.
Thank you so much for your inputs. When I mentioned abt. this failure being covered in EW and TSB has the details, SA gave me a lame response that it's specific to VIN, and mine was not listed/covered but she would check again with the team. I could sense that she was trying to cover up but I went along with the flow. I picked up my car paying a Diag fee of $210 on an evening and the very next morning, she called me and confirmed that my car is covered under warranty and they would fix it for free. Now, it's fixed and they returned a Diag fee. (On the same day, they tried a similar trick for my tire replacement but I showed them an online order quote from "Pirelli" and had them match and agree to that price, $600 less)
Old 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Thank you so much for your inputs. When I mentioned abt. this failure being covered in EW and TSB has the details, SA gave me a lame response that it's specific to VIN, and mine was not listed/covered but she would check again with the team. I could sense that she was trying to cover up but I went along with the flow. I picked up my car paying a Diag fee of $210 on an evening and the very next morning, she called me and confirmed that my car is covered under warranty and they would fix it for free. Now, it's fixed and they returned a Diag fee. (On the same day, they tried a similar trick for my tire replacement but I showed them an online order quote from "Pirelli" and had them match and agree to that price, $600 less)
awesome!! Love it when this works out. Mhoran is the patron saint of EW!

(its customary to throw mhoran89 a coupla bones because he did all the research and got stuck with a huge bill. Not required of course....just sayin)
Old 04-14-2021, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Awesome, that is what we like to hear. Keep those TSB E1E warranty claims rolling. Audi should pick up the bill as they did considering this is a known defect, not a bad luck kinda thing...

Originally Posted by Redddog
awesome!! Love it when this works out. Mhoran is the patron saint of EW!

(its customary to throw mhoran89 a coupla bones because he did all the research and got stuck with a huge bill. Not required of course....just sayin)
Haha thanks! My venmo is the same as my username here. No one has thrown me anything yet, but don't let that stop anyone. Glad I can help!

Quick Reply: Drive System Malfunction?