Old 06-20-2017, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.4a17888b859c
Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDI1880
What is the source for this information regarding a workers strike?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-model-buckles

Interesting. I placed my order on 4/23 and just got the email that my Q7 was done being built over the weekend (and ready to be shipped), seemingly right before the strike. I'm hoping that my car will still be of high quality and not built by disgruntled workers...
Old 06-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Maybe mine will be built by happier workers making more money. Then, I'll be happy until they try to pass that raise onto my new car price.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slowerider29er
Maybe mine will be built by happier workers making more money. Then, I'll be happy until they try to pass that raise onto my new car price.
Or happy but rushing through the process to catch up with production ... glass half empty ...
Old 06-20-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

In case anyone cares:

Where are the Audi Group’s production locations?
The headquarters of the Audi Group are located in Ingolstadt, where Technical Development, Sales and Administration as well as most vehicle manufacturing operations are based. The Audi A3 and A3 Sportback models, the A4 car line, the A5 Sportback and the A5 Coupé, RS 5 Coupé and Q5 models are built there. In addition, the Company makes bodies for the A3 Cabriolet, the RS 3 Sportback and the TT car line in Ingolstadt.

The Neckarsulm plant is where the A4 Sedan and A5 Cabriolet models, the A6 car line, the A7 Sportback and the A8 luxury sedan are manufactured. The head offices of quattro GmbH, a fully owned subsidiary of AUDI AG, are also located there. In addition to building high-performance vehicles such as the Audi Q7 V12 TDI and its bespoke manufacturing of the R8 models, quattro GmbH offers an extensive customization program for all Audi vehicles, along with exclusive lifestyle articles that embody the spirit of the brand with the four rings.

AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft., Győr (Hungary), develops and builds engines for the Audi brand, for other Volkswagen Group companies and for third parties. Models of the TT car line are also manufactured at the Hungarian plant jointly with Ingolstadt, and the A3 Cabriolet and RS 3 Sportback are assembled there. Since its founding, this company has developed into one of Hungary’s biggest exporters.

In Brussels (Belgium), AUDI BRUSSELS S.A./N.V. specializes in the exclusive production of the models of the A1 car line.

Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. builds the Gallardo and Aventador supercars at Sant’Agata Bolognese, in northern Italy. The 12-cylinder engines for the Aventador are also built there by Lamborghini.

The Q7 and Q3 models are built at other VW Group plants, at Bratislava (Slovakia) and Martorell (Spain) respectively.

At the Changchun plant (China), the joint venture FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Company, Ltd. builds long-wheelbase versions of the A4 Sedan and A6 Sedan, plus the Q5, which are supplied to the local market.

At Aurangabad (India), the A4 Sedan, A6 Sedan and Q5 models are built for the local market at the VW Group plant.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe they should move Q7 production to Mexico ...
Old 06-20-2017, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
In case anyone cares:

Where are the Audi Group’s production locations?
The headquarters of the Audi Group are located in Ingolstadt, where Technical Development, Sales and Administration as well as most vehicle manufacturing operations are based. The Audi A3 and A3 Sportback models, the A4 car line, the A5 Sportback and the A5 Coupé, RS 5 Coupé and Q5 models are built there. In addition, the Company makes bodies for the A3 Cabriolet, the RS 3 Sportback and the TT car line in Ingolstadt.

The Neckarsulm plant is where the A4 Sedan and A5 Cabriolet models, the A6 car line, the A7 Sportback and the A8 luxury sedan are manufactured. The head offices of quattro GmbH, a fully owned subsidiary of AUDI AG, are also located there. In addition to building high-performance vehicles such as the Audi Q7 V12 TDI and its bespoke manufacturing of the R8 models, quattro GmbH offers an extensive customization program for all Audi vehicles, along with exclusive lifestyle articles that embody the spirit of the brand with the four rings.

AUDI HUNGARIA MOTOR Kft., Győr (Hungary), develops and builds engines for the Audi brand, for other Volkswagen Group companies and for third parties. Models of the TT car line are also manufactured at the Hungarian plant jointly with Ingolstadt, and the A3 Cabriolet and RS 3 Sportback are assembled there. Since its founding, this company has developed into one of Hungary’s biggest exporters.

In Brussels (Belgium), AUDI BRUSSELS S.A./N.V. specializes in the exclusive production of the models of the A1 car line.

Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A. builds the Gallardo and Aventador supercars at Sant’Agata Bolognese, in northern Italy. The 12-cylinder engines for the Aventador are also built there by Lamborghini.

The Q7 and Q3 models are built at other VW Group plants, at Bratislava (Slovakia) and Martorell (Spain) respectively.

At the Changchun plant (China), the joint venture FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Company, Ltd. builds long-wheelbase versions of the A4 Sedan and A6 Sedan, plus the Q5, which are supplied to the local market.

At Aurangabad (India), the A4 Sedan, A6 Sedan and Q5 models are built for the local market at the VW Group plant.
This is somewhat dated as the Q5 is assembled in Mexico for MY2018 (started production in July 2016).
Old 06-20-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
This is somewhat dated as the Q5 is assembled in Mexico for MY2018 (started production in July 2016).
You right. Here's updated list:

Ingolstadt - Bavaria, Germany - Audi Q2, Audi A3, Audi A3 Sportback, Audi A3 Sportback e tron, Audi A3 Sportback g tron, Audi S3, Audi S3 Sportback, Audi RS 3 Sportback, Audi A4 Limousine, Audi A4 Avant, Audi S4 Limousine, Audi S4 Avant, Audi A4 allroad quattro, Audi A5 Sportback, Audi A5 Coupé, Audi S5 Sportback, Audi S5 Coupé, Audi RS 5 Coupé

Neckarsulm - Baden-Württemberg, Germany - Audi A4 Sedan, Audi A5/S5 Cabriolet, Audi A6 Sedan and Avant, Audi A6 allroad quattro, Audi S6 Sedan and Avant, RS 6 Avant and RS 6 Avant performance, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi S7 Sportback, Audi RS 7 Sportback, Audi RS 7 Sportback performance, Audi A8, Audi A8 L, Audi A8 L W12, Audi S8, Audi S8 plus, Audi R8 Coupé, Audi R8 Spyder

Győr - Hungary - Audi TT Coupe, Audi TT Roadster, Audi A3 Sedan, Audi A3 Cabriolet

Changchun - China - Audi A4 L, Audi A6 L, Audi A6 L e-tron, Audi Q3, Audi Q5

Foshan - China - Audi A3 Sportback, Audi A3 Sedan

Brussels - Belgium - Audi A1, Audi A1 Sportback, Audi S1, Audi S1 Sportback

Aurangabad - India - Audi A3 Sedan, Audi A4 Sedan, Audi A6 Sedan, Audi Q3, Audi Q5 and Audi Q7

Bratislava - Slovakia - Audi Q7, Audi SQ7, Audi Q7 e-tron

Martorell - Catalonia, Spain - Audi Q3, Audi RS Q3

Kaluga - Russia - Audi A6, Audi A7 Sportback, Audi A8 L, Audi Q7

San José Chiapa - Mexico - Audi Q5

Curitiba - Brazil - Audi A3 Sedan, Audi Q3