Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Front Parking Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Ditto. I have a US 2017 Q7 MkII, manufactured week of March 7, 2016. Front sensors do NOT come on automatically. I've tried when pulling within 6 inches of a garage wall.
So the big question is: Is there a setting within the MMI that causes this to work (even if it's an indirect change of a related setting), or did the ones reporting that it does work all have a software update at the dealer (possibly unrelated) that could have invisibly applied this feature? Hmmm. Logic would say it must be one of the two. Would be a nice feature to have.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Meyecul
So the big question is: Is there a setting within the MMI that causes this to work (even if it's an indirect change of a related setting), or did the ones reporting that it does work all have a software update at the dealer (possibly unrelated) that could have invisibly applied this feature? Hmmm. Logic would say it must be one of the two. Would be a nice feature to have.
someone with VCDS (or a dealer with some skills) can enable this even on older cars

Enable Automatic PDC Front
[09 – Central Elect.] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Bye 37
Check Bit 1
Exit Long Coding Helper
Click Do It

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...weaks-2898879/
Old 08-19-2016, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
someone with VCDS (or a dealer with some skills) can enable this even on older cars

Enable Automatic PDC Front
[09 – Central Elect.] [Coding - 07]
Select Long Coding Helper
Select Bye 37
Check Bit 1
Exit Long Coding Helper
Click Do It

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...weaks-2898879/
Thank you. Okay, then the question is for TZCHANG from San Jose that posted the latest video. Have you or your dealer done any software updates or VCDS to your vehicle since you took delivery?
Old 08-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I don't think my dealer did any programming for me.

I actually asked them to program the delayed lift door and default ACC range for me when took delivery and they said they are not capable to do it. Since I took the delivery in mid-July, I haven't go back to the dealer yet. I think the main difference might be the firmware version. You should check if yours is on the same 0692 version.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you. Okay we are a step closer. My software is 0443. Perhaps others with and without the feature working could chime in and report their firmware version. This could very likely be the answer to the mystery. Thanks everyone!
Old 08-19-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by tzchang
No, I don't think my dealer did any programming for me.

I actually asked them to program the delayed lift door and default ACC range for me when took delivery and they said they are not capable to do it. Since I took the delivery in mid-July, I haven't go back to the dealer yet. I think the main difference might be the firmware version. You should check if yours is on the same 0692 version.
Regarding the default ACC setting... the owner's manual says that the Audi dealer will do it for you. Mine did, but it took some consultation with the regional tech rep to get it done. You may want to point out to your dealer that the owner's manual says they should do it, and have them contact the Pittsburgh PA area regional tech rep for instructions if they don't know how.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a shot of my firmware version.
Old 08-19-2016, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Screen where I found on mine looks different but I assume the number is correct:

Old 08-20-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Screen where I found on mine looks different but I assume the number is correct:

Good information in this thread.
One of the first differences I noticed between my 2013 Q7 & this new one was that the front parking sensors didn't come on unless you pushed the button (a feature I really want).
I've been beating up on my dealer to get them to activate the ACC default distance menu, so now this gives me something else to fight with them over.

BTW, Meycul, your navigation database is out of date. Latest is NAR 2016/2017.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. Okay we are a step closer. My software is 0443. Perhaps others with and without the feature working could chime in and report their firmware version. This could very likely be the answer to the mystery. Thanks everyone!
Where can I access this info? Please tell me and I will take a picture of mine and post here. (My Front Parking Sensor works automatically)

Also, can someone tell me if the sticker with the model and month and year of manufacturing is this one:

Front Parking Sensors-photo224.jpg

Quick Reply: Front Parking Sensors